If you can’t beat them…

Soooo, I made a warlock and put in all the cards one puts in that deck. I conformed because quitting is not really an option for me. It’s not an option at this point in my life. That’s why I was hoping blizzard would listen to the many players who are unhappy right now. I think many are going through the motions because they have so much invested , but they aren’t truly enjoying the game.
So I’m playing the same exact cards in the same exact order as others are…over and over.
Even still, I predict it won’t take long before ppl are sick to death of warlocks and hunters and just look for something else.
I think HS in its current form has a short shelf life. Something will need to change or the game really will lose many many players. It won’t die. There’s always the next crop of gamers who will pick up the baton and play. Evidently, that’s by design as Blizzard wants new , younger mobile players who move fast and have no attention span.
Blizzard obviously has no respect for veteran players or players who actually want to strategize and build up their hand. Some of us enjoyed playing cards that cost more than 5 mana.
It’s a race, it’s simplified , and it feels childish and silly. Play 2 pirates, rinse repeat…really Blizzard? Do 2 damage with spells. Wow.
Yes, the questlines took out all innovation in deck building. But , this has been said before with replies along the lines of “people always whine” well yes, they do because this game isn’t FREE. Ok? As a consumer and a gamer I think I have the right to criticize Blizzard. They are just a company like any other who gets bad reviews if their goods go down in quality.
So for now I’ll play the quests. I’ll conform because I have no option.
That’s all. See you in the game. I’ll be the warlock.

1 Like

I criticize Blizzard all the time. You don’t have to conform.
You do have to follow the CoC.
If you do that, your posts will be restored even when they have been removed.

2 Likes

Yes, I understand that. But spite reporting does happen. One person posted an offensive word , more-so than mine and did not get reported. the problem is I fed a well known troll here I should have known better.
I would like to know though, how many people have made questline decks and joined in rather than protest by quitting.
I wish I had left the stuff about being banned out of my post. But, it’s aggravating.

You wonder why others haven’t quit in protest and yet you haven’t?

because humans are animals that can’t get rid of habits so easily.
I haven’t logged in for many many weeks now.

1 Like

I didn’t ask WHY. I ask if they have. I’m curious. Not once have I encouraged people to quit. I’ve said they probably will. My crystal ball is broken right now I have no idea but if the community reaction is anything to go by, they will lose the veteran players but gain new easy, quick mode types.
I need this game such is my life right now. What I have done is support those wanting it to be fun again. I have supported the call to fix what they have broken for many people. They won’t, but hey, we all have a right to use our voice in whatever way we can.

I can answer that for you. Players have quit. We don’t know if they’d made up those players in new players. However, consider that those who haven’t might not be in a position in life to quit. No offense intended.

Edit: This player hasn’t quit.

Right. That would be me. I am not in a position to quit for health reasons, personal reasons. I would very much like to have it restored to it’s former fun factor. However, with that not happening other than support the legitimate complaints what can I actually do? I don’t find quest warlock nearly as fun as my priest was, but losing by turn 7 isn’t fun either.
Look, as gamers and consumers Blizzard has put us in a quandry. We have time and money invested not to mention sentiment in a game they chose to completely change for the worst. I don’t have the answers. I’m not here to tell anyone to boycott or just give in and play the quests. Last week when I barely played I was depressed, bored but I’m not happy with what it is either.
Let’s just say I settled because what are my options ?

2 Likes

I understand, no judgement.

1 Like

No offense taken. This is it in a nutshell -The game means a lot to me. I’ve been a gamer since pong. (yes im that old and a woman too which was unusual back then) I started when HS came out, I have my favorite decks I’ve spent money to get cards on my very small fixed income, so I feel that I have every right to express my frustration . Others have a right to disagree but it isn’t necessary to tell ppl like me to “learn to play” or “just delete” I thought that toxic part of gaming I lived through when I played wow and battlefield was almost over. I see it still goes on here. Gamers are older too you would think they gained some empathy and wisdom. Guess not?
Ty for being polite.

3 Likes

I

I’m that old too:) You can probably play for free I’m guessing?
Just hang in there. Like so many things, this game will go through ebbs and flows,
good and bad.

2 Likes

Questlines actually require more deckbuilding than a “go face to win” deck

I’m very much in the same boat :sailboat:. I suffer from mental health problems, and Hearthstone means very much to me. It pains me when the game is in a place that is unfun. This is why I wanted you to try and empathize with those of us, like you, that for whatever reason won’t quit playing. :blush:

2 Likes

Of course I empathize. Im in no position to judge those who do what they can to keep playing. It means enough to me that it’s literally what keeps me going. Especially during this pandemic I’ve survived and kept my mind active with this game. Yes, I’m guessing we are about the same age….and I’m also guessing by the language here that many older gamers play HS. My main complaint is toward Blizzard not toward the players. Players will play what’s good and what’s fun to them or what they have to play to be competitive. That’s what upsets me. How many are playing warlock because they are so hard to beat? That is no fault of the players but Blizzard design.
Tonight I’ve played only one class besides warlock and I’m right in there with the wall of warlocks myself. It shouldn’t be like that but it is.
I’ve discovered by playing there are some weaknesses but not many. The one class I went up against they actually won because they Dirty Ratted my Tamsin. I’m not that great right now I should have played it the same turn I got it. But, I didn’t plan my mana well enough. No one is perfect especially this player.
Hang in there….ok?

It’s just a vidya game version of a children’s card game, buddy lol.

Just flip it to a slow burn and you got the previous meta. Don’t be upsetti that control is having trouble keeping up now. This game isn’t deep or complex and never has been lol.

Why are you so hateful? I’m not your “buddy” you keep referring to me as a male…why do you assume that? I’m a woman FYI, “bruh”

1 Like

I don’t know why people say this. I taught my son how to play chess in thirty minutes when he was 10 years old, and I remember him saying how simple it was. Imagine how funny that sounded for a game that is incredibly deep and complex (people spend a lifetime mastering it).

That’s how I feel about this comment. You can learn how to play HS in thirty minutes, grab a netdeck, and do basic stuff. But to get to top 200 legend it’s another story all together, and I think that is where the depth and complexity comes in. I’ve been playing for a long time and still learn something new every day about the game.

2 Likes

You can teach a child to play chess, but, that doesn’t make it simple nor a child’s game.

1 Like