I wish Hearthstone installed updates like Windows

I’d like to know what Hearthstone is updating, and to be able to select whether I wanted the updates or not.

In a familiar Windows update interface.

I don’t want Blizzard blog updates with fancy marketing. I want to look up KB documents telling me what’s changed deep inside Hearthstone.

Windows has themes. Why doesn’t Hearthstone? Where’s the Overwatch hearthstone? The Starcraft Hearthstone, with three ckasses? The Mario Hearthstone? That tie-in could earn Activision a fortune and give struggling Nintendo a much-needed boost.

Forget Jaina Proudboobs, bring on Princess Peachy.

good for you!
Every time windows forces me to update, it screws something up: printer driver missing, no volume at restart, edge as the favourite browser…

I think you can read the patch notes from the blizzard launcher; it’s a small button near the advertisement in the HS page

Is this satire? You’ll never be able to be selective or postpone an online game’s update if you want to keep playing. This is a game, dude, not a customizable operating system platform.

not sure if you’re unware of how a ONLINE MULTIPLAYER game works, or just trolling. the answer to your wish is no.

1 Like

What boggles me is they can’t have at least one of:

• an in-game link that opens up your browser to the latest news on PlayHearthstone.
  • a window in-game that has text with the latest news, like most games do.

That being said, Mercenaries is set to have a “noticeboard” like this when it releases, a Mailbox, actually.

Let’s see if they’ll add it for the main game. Heck it could just be under the same window as the Quests/Achievements

Battle.net launcher kinda makes up for it, but I’d rather go to PlayHearthstone itself, it has better formatting. Reading patches from the Battle.net launcher is like reading from the League client, I’d rather go to their website.