I was kinda having fun

until i played 3 warlocks in a row and quit until expansion.

6 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t think the expansion is going to reduce getting battered by Warlocks.

It’s going to take another nerf or 5 to allow us to have fun with the new cards.

The fact the release is going to be ruined by fatigue Warlock annoys me, can’t they just admit Questlines were a terrible idea and just delete all of them!?

5 Likes

All it takes is 1 nerf.

Remove. Fatigue. Damage.

5 Likes

However, this in fact destroys the questline.

this is the equivalent of making ignite not able to target face.
It’s a drastical change that probably won’t happen (otherwise they would have already change it)

I dont agree. Quest mage relying on ignites need to shuffle and redraw them multiple times. Meanwhile 9 dmg fireballs and other burn should be able to do the job and often do.

Or they could make the simple change of having both the Warlock and the other player take their self damage.

That way Warlocks can’t just endlessly tap themselves further into Fatigue and actually have to be careful about how much damage they’re taking.

4 Likes

And the entire point of the card would be ruined then.

When we are getting ideias like that one above is when we should admit It was a mistake and treat It as a actual mistake instead of something that needs “adjust”.

AKA banning It and adjusting numbers to wild(probably 10 for each step).

1 Like

As a Warlock-player, I’d be very displeased to see the questline banned entirely. I’m all for adjustment, however; and that’s what this questline needs. Although, I suspect any adjustment will kill the card anyway. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t, really. :frowning:

:man_shrugging:

How? Your opponent would still take the damage. Warlocks would just have to make sure they wouldn’t die first.

You’d rather the card be banned than make an adjustment like this?

3 Likes

Most of Warlock’s self damage comes from card draw.

By the time you get to 24 damage inflicted into yourself, you’re typically right there at fatigue and fresh out of sources of self-damage. Completing the quest exhausts almost all resources that would be any kind of payoff.

It would be the easiest way to completely neuter the card, but let’s not pretend it wouldn’t do exactly that.

Let’s not pretend the card doesn’t deserve neutering. If someone posted The Demon Seed on Custom Hearthstone they’d just be laughed at.

The Demon Seed singlehandedly ruined United in Stormwind for me, and I’d really rather not continue to see the deck for the next year and a bit.

Adjusting the numbers on the card is never going to balance it.

3 Likes

For wild It is necessary to have a high number like that so the decks not dedicate entirely on rushing It.

Anyone who actually played with and against the First iteration of the card should understand that.

And the way to stop the rush is to make sure they have to toy with their life total.

It already made it weaker and would continue to do so.

Also:

What I was discussing was:

• not whether it should be neutered or not.

My guess is that if Demon Seed legitimately holds down the slower decks from Alterac, they’ll probably remove fatigue damage from it and give it the ol’ Warsong treatment.

1 Like

Eh, not necessarily. If they did this (excluded fatigue damage from the reflect effect) and reverted the previous nerfs to the ql, you could imagine a zoo build using it as an effective burst damage finisher. If they
also reverted the SoS nerf, that’d be another source of burst damage as a finisher.

You can also still otk with ashtongue and artificers, but it’s a bit gimmicky currently (but you can technically pull it off the same turn you complete the quest.

So no, I don’t think removing fatigue damage would completely kill the quest. It’s probably what they should have done from the start. It’s just to unbalancing for the whole meta. And I say this as someone who really enjoys this quest.

That being said, I think a more fun solution is to bring back cold light oracle. That way if the warlock doesn’t time it just right, they can still get killed by fatigue (you can do it now, and I have, and it is funny, with the dark moon faire murloc, but two card would be much better than 1).

1 Like

Yes most damage comes from card draw because drawing fatigue wins the game. Fatigue should never ever be the win condition. Anyone remember mecathun? Otk paladin? Garrote rogue?

Oh my opponent is out of cards. I guess Im dead. What a backwards way to play the game.

Yes most warlocks self damage comes from draw, because the quest is stupid and requires that playstyle. Draw like a maniac, hit fatigue and win.

But wait. Warlock has other cards that dont draw and also inflict self damage. Flame imp, the 2/5 that damage you for 2 when it attacks…they are just bad choices with the quest though because they dont let you omgwtf 35 damage to opponent turn 9 or 10.

4 Likes

Right, also, arguably ql handlock would be stronger if you reverted the flesh giant nerfs, and ql nerfs and nerfed the quest to exclude fatigue. But it would then it lose to slow, grindy decks like big warrior and priest, which feels fair.

There’s probably not enough self-damage that is simultaneously beneficial to sustain a viable deck if fatigue were removed from the equation if we want the questline to be a win condition.*

Edited.

I’d be totally down for that.

Bring back Handlock and maybe even give Priest a chance to use Flesh Giant, but remove fatigue damage from the Warlock Quest.

I bet you early Giants would make people rage too much, though.

2 Likes

There’s quite a bit that currently isn’t used because it is cut to run things that get you to fatigue.

After quest completion a single hellfire is 6 damage to face and a board aoe. Ashtongue into hellfire into unstable shadow blast is 3 cards deal 20 damage (I think, I remember there’s something weird about how the spillover damage works there, maybe it’s only 15). Throw in a hero power and a raise dead and maybe a card drawn off stealer of souls?
You can get quite a bit of damage out of it while making proactive plays. And it’s unpredictable, which makes it hard for your opponent to budget defense vs offense.

And all of those cards are multifunctional in the deck (hellfire in particular pairs nicely with magditheridon and those 3 drops that can give him lifesteal).

If you’re dropping giants and demons and wearing them down, you should be able to close out the game a lot of the time with self damage.

1 Like