I understand why people claim rng is rigged

just play bgs come against Ysera

has only 6 minions on the board, the untaunted dragon divine shield minion which I hit first then proceed to hit every minion in the wrong order ofc Ysera wins.

round two FIGHT!!

red whelp snipes my Nzoth in the opener down hill from here I needed my parrot to proc it but ok and get smashed in the face for 22 leaving me on 1hp

round three fight!

I have picked up a hydra, thrown out a few buffs, MOVED spawn of Nzoth so that its directly after my parrot to hopefully double buff my stuff.

in the opener his red whelp again miraculously snipes my spawn of nzoth!!!, I alt f4 … what the actual uuuuugghh? delete all ping minions!!

/rant

1 Like

yes its called confirmation bias. people remember bad experiences more then good ones. its why designing games around RNG is bad.

4 Likes

It’s not rigged. It’s just sometimes you hit badluck.

Today I had Hooktusk with both beasts and murlocs in. Didn’t hit a token minion in the first 3 turns.

Or Patches and I didn’t get a pirate until turn 4. A single pirate. It’s just bad luck. I’ve had plenty of luck other days.

You can’t count the times your cannon gets instantly sniped while ignoring the times you instantly snipe theirs. It happens constantly.

This will really melt your melon. Would it have hit it had you not moved it? :scream:

2 Likes

so you understand is because they lost

every single "its rigged " thread starts with the poster telling us how they lost

1 Like

Red whelps sniping nzoth is the best thing that can happen on most boards. Its only because you had a parrot that it hurt you. Ysera is a weak hero but she is going to rely on red whelps for much of the game and so the snipe potential is high.

I have been discussing this with people for awhile. Obviously the claim is on us to prove its rigged and that is basically impossible so I just complain like the others. There was no way to actually determine with any real accuracy in a timely manner what the RNG outcomes were, enter bob’s buddy. There was no guessing anymore. You can look at the data and control for skill basically. I began to collect all of the data % chance to win, draw, and lose as well as the actual outcome. So immediately we can eliminate outcomes that are in line with the probable outcomes. I looked at all the data that was in opposition of the in game results (good/bad luck). I am not a statistician or anything and If I am doing this wrong fine let me know. I counted the times I took damage when I shouldn’t and then represented that as a percentage. I also look at the times I shouldn’t have dealt damage to opponent but did. ~73% of these games were against me I would lose a battle that I should have won or drawn in and only ~27% I dealt dmg when I would have lost or drawn with my opponent. I recorded just 20 matches so yes it’s a small sample from just one person. I am unfortunately on the losing end of battlegrounds RNG :(.