I just saw the most disgusting RNG high roll I have ever seen

So this just happened to me in arena, it left me speechless.

I thought my opening hand was strong, going second with two EVIL miscreants in my opening hand, as well as a couple over low cost cards, but this is what my opponent did.

Turn 1: Shadow Council
Turn 2: Shadowhoof Slayer and Ur’zul Horror so 8/6 of stats on turn 2.
Turn 3: Vulpera Scoundrel
Turn 4: Bone Wraith (remember he is top decking)
Turn 5: Bane of Doom from Vulpera Scoundrel which got him a Pit Commander, if you are unfamiliar with this card it’s 7/9 taunt that puts a random demon from your deck into the battlefield, which got him a Scavenging Shivara.

This literally happened, I was speechless.

And I thought my opening was strong going second with two evil miscreants (the deck has four by the way). But that opening would win against most constructed decks.

So Hearthstone forum, can you beat this? Have you seen something this ridiculous?

2 Likes

I once got both the Amazing Reno and Dark Pharaoh Tekhan in a game as Rogue.

3 Likes

this is amateur hours. if you cant play around it maybe you dont deserve to win/…?

sweet texas the hs GM here could have easily played around it with just 1 miscreant. tell em tex

Sounds like you are just trolling.

You tell him sweets. Post must be 20 char

My jaw fell open already at this point lol. A 2 mana 8/6? On turn 2?!

That’s super dirty,

1 Like

What’s dirty is that Shadow Council gave him two one drops that he could play next turn, instead of a bunch of unplayable demons.

1 Like

Shadow Council is usually a pretty strong card in Arena, I’d say the effect is more often than not positive. But it can also really ruin your day if you get some of the bad demons.

That’s why I said my jaw fell open already at that point.

Hey I see disgusting things happen all the time. I think the day after I had a Paladin pull an Archmage Vargoth from a Golden Scarab, he had a Libram of Hope in hand and drew into a Lay on Hands… I’d pay 100 dollars to know just how likely that was to happen.

With a pretty full hand and the buff it’s hard to get completely whiffed. There’s a lot of cheap demons

62 cards a pally can get assuming standard most of which are neutral. If it was arena idk

Arena is probably close to the same as standard, but I’m not expert. But then you also have to factor in the chances of him having both Libram of Hope and Lay on Hands (two epic cards, thus not common) and to have drawn both of them in the first half of his deck. It’s worth noting my chances of winning that game without him doing that combo were near certain. As far as I’m concerned it’s the equivalent of being Deathwing’d on a game winning board while having exactly 12 hp, which also happened to me recently.

I may actually be cursed.

Don’t worry, next game you’ll be playing Burgle Rogue in Wild, and somehow play three Galakronds and the Amazing Reno by the game’s end.

Epic doesn’t matter as much anymore in arena. Cards are rated by “power” ever since they realized they had no idea how strong cards were with bonemare and such.

Pfft thats nothing I’ve seen a priest get 2 8/7s on turn 5. The power level of this expansion is certainly unreal.

You cant talk about luck and not throw in the reason why mage is even in this meta: Box. I’ve had a mage down to 2 hp and been at 30 with a fat board and then the mage boxes it away, gains 4 minions by popping out 2 power of creations, then the next turn topdecks Solarian Prime and one turns me…

Did you even read my post? What happened to me was far worse.

Epic dictates rarity, rare cards are much less common, which is not an irrelevant detail when two epic cards ruin your game.

in arena my enemy played 3/7 worth of stats on turn 1 (no coin). GG right away.