I have to choose between adventure and packs

I remember the first TB we had (Rag vs. Nef one). I remember the first free expansion packs they gave (WotOG if I’m not mistaken). I remember the first free legendary they gave in celebration of the release of an expansion (KotFT). I remember the no duplicate legendary rule that came in KotFT (if I’m not mistaken). I also remember when we had none of them.

1 Like

Bots are more effective for that:

1. They work 24/7.
  2. They don’t complain on forums.
  3. They let you win.
3 Likes

If you get all 50 gold quests, that’s half the 700 gold in a week. Sure, winning 15 games a day is still a lot, but that’s the point: you either pay, grind, or wait.

1 Like

Cool… good luck have fun

History lesson for you. Hearthstone used to have expansions and adventures alternating. Then they switched to all expansions, which raised the price by ~50%. Then they released free solo content to compensate and said that solo content would be free from now on. Selling the upcoming adventure is directly breaking that promise.

Math lesson for you. All 4 purchasable wings will cost 2800 gold and give ~13 packs. That is 15 less packs than you could usually get for that much gold. The price of the adventure is reduced packs and the same can be said for people who buy the adventure with money as well.

I made a thread about this with a long, ranty post. The tl:dr is that the price of the game just went up and it won’t be long until players can no longer afford it. Both F2P with their time and P2P with their money.

6 Likes

Your math is strange. You get 3 packs from each level. 3*5 = 15. You get one golden pack for buying of full adventure. 15+1 = 16.
It looks like you must return to school.

1 Like

The first wing is free, 16 - 3 = 13. I even stated in the sentence you yourself quoted that there are only 4 purchasable wings. Looks like you need remedial English class.

3 Likes

Ouch!!! That basically changes things a lot.

So if you dont care for this particular legendary you must pay 2800 g for 15 packs + a golden one which is really expensive.

3 Likes

A golden pack is still worth about 7.5 normal packs in dust. so you’re foregoing 7.5 packs to get some single player content. That’s maybe not great if you don’t like the content, but it isn’t unreasonable. It isn’t as good a deal as past adventures, and maybe in the future they could do something to sweeten the pot a bit (maybe 4 packs per paid wing).

I’ll certainly do it and if the content is as good as Kazakhan (only adventure I played), I’ll be pretty happy.

1 Like

And you got far more cards…

See, that’s another fallacy of taking things to an extreme.

Yes, why am I paying Blizzard $50 + $20 = $70 for 4 months of development effort. I will be paying less to Cyberpunk 2077 this year for 7 years of development effort.

And then I will only be getting a fraction of the cards in a total of 70 packs or whatever the adventure adds. It really disgusts me.

7 Likes

And yet there is a thread complaining about bots nearly every day on the forums. “They let you win” is not a positive.

No, it’s what you’re actually saying. I have zero sympathy for the people who have NEVER bought anything but who complain the prices went up.

4 Likes

I plan to try the free wing and then slowly purchase the later wings at my leisure IF they are worth purchasing.

If it turns out its another bucket run, I do plan to partake: plain and simple. I’d rather spend my gold on packs than garbage runs.

“Here’s some buckets and here’s your deck! Also, here’s the hard counter to your deck! Have fun!”

Thanks but no thanks. They are giving us the first wing free. Theoretically, you could earn your base gold for the next xpac, and then save up for each wing.

It isn’t rocket science and it IS doable.

3 Likes

Far more cards in the old adventures, exactly. I don’t understand why your first post in this thread had such a mocking tone to it.

No, far more cards in expansions than in adventures.

1 Like

Thats true, but how many unique cards do you think the avg. HS player will be opening from 15 packs a month after the set launches. My guess is not too many, while all adventure cards were unique.

1 Like

I would consider it a positive, because it means I get more gold faster. :stuck_out_tongue:

There are far more cards in an expansion, but that doesn’t mean players get more cards. The card quality was also much higher with no duplicate cards at all and a guaranteed legendary for each wing instead of one for the entire adventure (not counting the first 10 pack legendary)

Not that you asked, but I’m P2P and I’m also complaining about the price going up. The old adventures were very cost efficient, even if you assume the actual gameplay is worth zero, the cards themselves were still worth the $20. I can and have made a whole thread about how cost inefficient the upcoming adventure package is. This is the first time in Hearthstone history where the single player gameplay content itself will have a non-zero cost.

1 Like

The single player story and gameplay will really determine whether or not I’ll prioritize the single player mode. If it’s anything like Kobolds and Catacombs, I’ll probably pass on the single player set unless I have spare gold. The RNG and cheese fest that was the Dungeon Run and Lich King made it more frustrating than anything. However, if it is story rich and driven with character dialogue and humor like League of Explorers, why yes I’ll gladly drop 2,800 gold to see what happens to Dalaran.

Rafaam has been my favorite hero since he was released, and to see his comeback as a main character and protagonist to the story makes me interested even more. I like how they have been exploring seemingly minor characters and giving them story rich backgrounds in a game independent to the canon Warcraft universe. Dr. Boom was not a major Warcraft character from what I was told, but now that he has his own laboratory and schemes against Dalaran, that 7 mana 7/7 is a bit more excusable on how overpowered he once was. Rafaam is a character who is unique to Hearthstone, but his Tavern Brawl iconic supreme archeologist quote makes him a fan favorite. If they make an entire year’s worth of expansions built on the story, I’ll pay to experience it for myself.

1 Like