I have given Hearthstone one last chance with this last expansion & it failed me. I absolutely regret spending $80 on this expansion

Hello friends.

I just have to vent over my absolute disappointment with Hearthstone over the last year. I have been playing this game since the beta days, and played Hearthstone every day for over five years.

A couple of years ago I started to feel the game was becoming pay-to-play and was starting to spend a tremendous amount of money to stay competitive. Because of this situation, I started to get frustrated with Hearthstone, but because of my love for the game and the community, I decided to keep going.

I did not enjoy Rise of Shadows expansion and even worse was the Saviors of Uldum which netted the worse legendary card drop to date. I despised Descent of Dragons and all but swore the game off for good. Then Demon Hunters were announced and I thought to myself I will give this game one more try.

I dropped the big money on the big expansion with all the card packs hoping that I would thoroughly enjoy the Demon Hunter and my love for the game would come back.

After 100+ games and enormous amounts of frustration, I am ending my Hearthstone playing for good. I find the Demon Hunter almost impossible to win with regularly. I have tried three dozen different builds, watched videos on strategies, and find it just dull and unwinnable on a regular basis.

Much like the World of Warcraft, the first several expansions for this game were incredible and super fun, but the last several have just been pay-to-play trash…and I just cannot handle the fact “luck” plays too much into this game now.

It was a great ride Blizzard but we are breaking up for good. It wasn’t me by the way…it was you.

5 Likes

Sad from hear that… I don’t know how much money did you spend on the game, but by my experience, can tell that it’s possible being F2P and being competitive.
I started playing HS at the beginning of “Knights of the Frozen Throne” and it’s true that I started to play spending money. Even so, I was a bad gamer and I had no cards for good decks. So, ranked was a nightmare for me.
Since two years ago I’m a F2P player. I save a lot of gold and arcane dust at the beggining of each new expansion and I craft the cards needed for a couple of tier1 decks. Even so, there are non expensive decks to reach high ranges.
I must say that there were moments that I felt tired and bored of the game. That I felt that each expansion was worst than the last one and it was not worth continuing…
But here I am! A f2p player in top 30.000 legend XD!
So, cheer up and keep fighting!

Hate to break it to you, but it was you in this relationship. LOL

The one thing Blizzard has never hidden is their method of decent games that make them A TON of money. They sold their souls to Activision and never looked back. So if you thought a corporation in this country isn’t going to make every decision for profit over their product than you got a lot to learn.

Did I read your post correctly?

Did you say that you could NOT win regularly with the most overpowered class in the game currently?

As much as I usually don’t like these posts, honestly, this game is getting completely out of control and pretty entirely luck based.

I find myself barely playing anymore because it’s more frustrating than it is fun. They need to really fix what’s going on or I doubt this game will be around too much longer.

1 Like

So there is another aggro player becoming frustrated about losing? Sorry I can’t be more supportive, but in my games I find that aggro players are the most childish poor sports playing Hearthstone (I’m sure OP isn’t a member though). Nearly 10 times every session I’ll have aggro guys (mostly demon hunters) roping every turn only to disconnect instead of conceding when they’ve lost. This behavior is ridiculous. I wish there was an auto-loss on disconnect in the game.

1 Like

I felt the same way about wow 3 reforged.Blizzard said all this stuff about the things they were gonna do but then on release it wasthe same thing as No Man’s Sky.A lot of promised features aren’t there,the game is buggy as hell and we felt betrayed but when they said that we set the epectations and not them even though everything we complained about not being there/being a diffrent way than it was promised was told by Blizzard to be as that.But they lied of course.And about the rest of the post.I agree.The game is becoming even more unbalanced and pay to win,the game is becoming more and more braindead and we are forced to play the game as Blizzard wants us to.The only place thats still “balanced” is wild which is kinda dissapointing considering that standert is supposed to be the place where we cant use op cards but from what we have seen from the lasr few expansions Blizzard isnt even following the rules they setted up for the game that was the reason rag was hof’ed.I still like the game but there is so many stuff that needs change’ing if they want the game to have a future.

Lets be honest, with the exception of on release DH, this expansion itself, AoO, has been good. Some stuff was overtuned, but they fixed it. No one is complaining about Hanar anymore, ect. I think you should give it a shot still, and wait until the Year of the Dragon stuff rotates out.

I’m on the same boat. I hadn’t played since Witchwood and i gave it one more chance with this expansion. I can’t even express how bad constructed is right now. Full of braindead aggro decks or decks that do random BS without any real win condition just play random BS cards that discover more cards and win the game.

I don’t know what is going on with Arena cause i haven’t played Arena for ages.

Battegrounds is fun though. I gave up on ladder and started playing BG again. Whether you believe or not Battegrounds has way higher skillcap compared to constructed and i feel that my decisions matter way more through out a game. Constructed is literally a russian roulete right now, you could drop a dice to determine who is going to win and it would be the exact the same thing.

Mr “Greetings fellow humans” is still very broken but yeah.Other than that most cards are actually balanced.

There has never been a guarantee by Blizzard for any player to win. Winning and losing are a result of playing the game, but not part of the content Blizzard is providing. Blizzard isn’t selling winning or losing. It’s selling their ideas for us to play with. If the players would stop trying to analyze the game at a genius level to be on top all the time, maybe all these broken cards would stop being exploited. But it’s because the players only care about winning. It’s a collectible card game, not a competitive card game. In other words, you’re supposed to enjoy playing the cool cards, but everybody just plays the cards that win. The players are who made the game not fun. So now the players are asking Blizzard to fix the players’ mistake.

I guess if you want to play the game the way you want, you’ll have to do it the traditional way. Have friends. Then invite those friends on your list to play against you with decks that you all agree are fair.