I FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS AND NO WORK; sHOP CONTINUES CLOSED

I TRY THIS AND NO WORK SHOP`CONTINUES CLOSED;

Hey all,

Shop Closed issues may be caused by connection problems or an account issue, but in some cases it can be due to corrupt files on the local machine. If you are playing on a Windows PC something that we have seen help with Shop Closed issues is to clear out the files in the hidden Battle.net and Hearthstone folders, so the game can redownload a fresh copy.

First uninstall any Hearthstone mods or programs that hook into Hearthstone, then follows the steps below to do a clean reinstall of the Battle.net app.

1. In Windows 10 go to Start → Settings
  2. Click on Apps
  3. Uninstall the Battle.net app
  4. Press Windows key + R
  5. Type the following into the Run window and hit Enter: %APPDATA%
  6. Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA%
  8. Lastly reinstall the Battle.net app

If the shop is still closed it may be due to a connection problem. Try testing an alternate connection if possible, to determine if the issue only exists with your usual connection.

Did you try an alternate connection or device? I took a look at your account to make sure there were no restrictions to prevent access to the shop and did not see any alternate access.

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Sometimes firewall or routing software/hardware will have some advanced settings to prioritize and manage types of network traffic. Normally that is not an issue but we have seen situations where it can interfere with the delivery of the data for our games/voice chat.

Let’s try turning off these features:

QoS
SIP ALG
RoG (ASUS Routers Only)
Security firewalls (Some ISP provided modems)

Not all devices will have these options and the steps for turning these functions off will be different depending on the make/model/software version of the devices and programs involved. If necessary look at the documentation for your security and routing products to find out how to turn these options off.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

Some folks have reported that a VPN gets them around the issue. Please note we do not support VPN usage though we do not prohibit its use with most of our games. Some countries around the world, do restrict VPN usage so you will want to research these restrictions for your country before attempting to use a VPN.

Many VPNs offer a demo or trial version of their service to allow you test without commitment.

If a VPN solves the issue for you then the issue lies with your network, your ISP, or the path they send you through to get your data to us. You can work with your ISP in these situations to help them hunt down and address the routing issue.

Do you have the ability to connect the system to a mobile hotspot?

We do not support this setup for playing but it can provide contrast to your normal connection. If you go this route make sure you are on mobile data and not on your wifi network and if you have a limited data plan, restrict your testing to prevent excessive data usage.

There are online guides for most smartphones on how to do this and most carriers can guide you through the setup process as well.

Do you have the ability to try a different computer on the same network? Or, the ability to try your current computer on a different network? This can help us determine if what you are experiencing is due to an network issue or something specifically with your system itself. Give it a shot and see what happens.

1 Like

i have been having connection problems since march of the lich king launched and i am unable to access the shop for 2 weeks . Please help me out if possible.

2 Likes

My shop has been closed since the previous patch. I’m fairly confident it is a reintroduced bug. Because this specific issue has happened in the past. You have reintroduced some bugs several times in the past as well.

I have turned off all firewall / peer blocker software and used the built in repair tool for the installation.

I used to work in high end global 24/7 support for 5 years. So I’m fairly confident you have messed up and the only thing I have done since it worked. Are a few automatic updates on firefox.

I could still unlock heroic bounties and PvP for mercenaries with gold BUT I cannot enter heroic brawl. I have this issue on all 3 servers and two separate accounts.

3 Likes

Hey, so I was having the same problem and I tried everything, nothing worked. I ran into the same problem with some other game and found some guide on how to fix it which fixed it not only for that game but for this too.

So this worked for me: go to this registry path in the registry editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion change the value data of “ProgramFilesDir” and “ProgramFilesDir (x86)” as following C:\Program Files for “ProgramFilesDir” and C:\Program Files (x86) for “ProgramFilesDir (x86)”

im just curious , which games and which guide ?
What was your paths before you changed it ?
Did you manually changed it in the past ?
Did you installed game in custom path or in the default one ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.