I finally uninstalled Hearthstone. They are gonna pretend we are mute, I'm gonna pretend they don't want my money as well

This was such a great game until they decided to take off their mask and eff us in the behind like we had to take it because they put it out there.

17 Likes

Why do that when you could just buy a Scholomance bundle instead??!??!?!??!

8 Likes

I never tought of that! Reinstalling again! /s

3 Likes

I understand the feeling of uninstalling the game. It’s really sickening tbh what they are pulling these days, but if you still somewhat enjoy the game and you have a decent collection, you can still play it for a while without spending money. It’s not even about the sunk cost fallacy - just go until you can, if you simply can’t play anymore, then by all means.

People leaving the game will literally not affect them, not until most of the f2pers are gone. The whales are their main concern, that’s the ones they want sticking around.

I spent a decent chunk of money on this game but I’ve stopped doing so because I don’t gamble with my money unless I’m gonna win. Burning cash on preorders for a meager amount of dust that won’t craft me two decent decks, let alone try a few different decks is not something I enjoy. If I spend $80 on a preorder, I expect to be able to play the current expansion with a decent amount of cards, not play decks from two expansions ago. Now, they want preorder money more frequently + battlepass money and on top of it all reducing the amount of rewards we get in the long run. That’s why spending money sends them the wrong message, especially right now.

I just uninstalled Battle.net entirely. No more Hearthstone, SC, HotS… I thought I’d give them a chance here, a year post-Blitzchung shenanigans, despite better judgement regarding everything that has happened in the interim.

Clearly I made a mistake and have wasted my time. This latest greed-driven change to a previously enjoyable game just reminds me of how much of a hollow shell of a ghost Blizzard is, compared to the company that earned my support in the past.

Life-long fan and customer, lost. Sure, I’m just one person, but how many times can “you’re just one person” happen before fiscal damage indeed does set in? I suppose we shall see.

3 Likes

You made the right decision.

I am a Whale actually, i already have all cards this expansion. I don’t enjoy the game tough. Not at all. I hate aggro and no minions only weapons decks. I hate the meta atm.

Then why Whale this game? Isn’t a waste of your money if you hate it as it currently is?

As a complete free to play player ,I just don’t get the outrage.

I get around 6000 gold per expansion.
I did the grade school math and figured I’d get maybe a bit less gold ,because there will be events that boost xp.

We got end of season rewards ,we got duplicate protection ,we get another free legendary on level 25 on the reward track and its questionable if I will get less gold at the end of expansion.

Here is what I do - Buy a tavern pass ,2000 gold.
Buy 20 packs - 2000 gold.
Other gold for card back from shop or playing arenas.

Also we got Duels - I don’t play heroic duels ,normal is very enjoyable for me.

Inb4 blizzard shill for speaking my experience as complete f2p

2 Likes

my person opinion is that those that are toxic about this entire thing should just install like they have threatened with for forever. both the game and the forums will be a better place if they do so

1 Like

You might be ok with that, but the Blizzard developers on multiple occasions committed that you would get MORE gold with the new system.

1 Like

The key word there is might.
There are seasonal events coming.
Later levels of reward track now give gold instead of packs.
I am level 26 and its like we have 2 and half months.

On top of that ,I saw the math - doing dailies everyday ,not including xp from game time or from seasonal events - you will complete the reward track.

You misunderstood what I said. I said that YOU might be ok with getting less gold with the new system. I am not ok with that. And many players are not ok with that.

And? Do you think that will be sufficient to make up for a significant shortfall of gold earnings? What is it that gives you that faith? Is it the lies told by Dean Ayala? Or the lies told by John Yang? Or the lies told by Ben Lee?

That’s included in my calculations. I’ve done the math and at the rate I am earning xp, I will earn significantly LESS gold than I typically earn over the course of an expansion.

I am level 24. And I’ve been playing more these last few weeks than I typically do. But the math shows that i will not earn enough xp to hit level 73 to earn the 9000 gold I typically earn each expansion.

1 Like

And how much gold will you get then? Since you did the math ,do share. Also factor the legendary on level 25

About 7000.

No. That is not the criteria set by the developers. The developers specifically said that we would earn more GOLD with the new system while maintaining the same style of play.

1 Like

Exactly everything you said. The problem is that the game keeps getting more expensive, the extra stuff should be extra, not a need to maintain status quo.

It goes beyond “should”. The developers actually committed that we would earn more GOLD and that the other rewards would be on top of the increased gold earnings. And that those non-gold rewards would increase as well. They committed to us that these increased rewards (and this is the most important part) would come to all players at all playstyles, i.e. without having to change the frequescy we play nor the way we play (standard, wild, ranked, casual, BGs, duels, TBs, etc.) However we play the game, we were supposed to be able to continue playing that way and still earn both more gold and increased non-gold rewards. Based on the first few weeks, the math doesn’t appear to bear that out for me and it’s not even close.