I f'in hate Rasil Fireborne

So far I had no real issues with any of the heroic bosses or classes. Up until Rasil Fireborne. He seems to appear either as 6th or 8th boss and is miserable either way.

He’s so far the most frustrating, unfun and unfair boss in the entirety of this single-player adventure.

For those who didn’t have the misfortune of encountering him yet. His hero power is effectively Forbidden Shaping. What this means is he won’t ever have leftover mana. He will also win any kind of value game and rather quickly at that.

Now you could think “well, rush him down!”. Except, his hero power also gives him insane tempo, as he basically has a perfect curve. Especially when he turns up as 7th boss. Where he’ll summon a 4 mana minion turn 1. And then escalates from there.

However, even if you manage to grab the board. This doesn’t help you in the slightest. His cards are either big minions who get massively reduced by his hero power, whom he gets to play early because of his mana advantage or “f’ you” cards.

He has several silences, he has two aldor peacekeepers, Tarim, etc. Which means getting beefy minions out there doesn’t help you. They’ll be reduced to naught pretty much the turn they get played. I played four Elistras in succession, turn 3-6 and he without issue removed every single one or rendered them harmless.

I’ve done every single player content so far released and this, this is the most frustrating, unfair and unfun boss I’ve encountered so far. Oh I’m certain there are ways to beat him, some pretty insane decks which pretty much aim at finishing off without ever needing anything to stick on board. But this requires complete RNG in terms of treasures and cards offered.

I’ve seen him once as boss 7 and found him pretty easy. I was playing Dragon Priest with multiple Yseras and Malys

He’s certainly far from the most unfair boss. Have you seen the Res Priest?

Yes. I have. None of them overruns you like Rasil does.

As I said, I had very much the opposite experience. Rasil wasn’t that bad (he was harder than Jepetto was in round 8, but Jepetto is just a fairly easy fight for a last boss, harder than him isn’t that high a bar), whereas the Res Priest is nearly always run ending.

Rasil’s deck is very weak for a late fight. His hero power is all he’s got. Target Dummy, Wisp and Deathlord aren’t threatening in fight 2, let alone 7, and I found he loses pretty badly to good value minions. As I said, I ran multiple Yseras and it just seemed like there wasn’t anything he could do against it

I outvauled him. First effect I chose was robes of gaudiness, cutting my card cost in half, later I got the one that reduces their cost by 1 and I had the HP that reduces by 2. So turn 3 Ronin and Tony.

Yeah, I just got him again on a Heroic Rogue run. I absolutely clapped him. By the time you fight him you just have so much unfair stuff that random on curve plays each turn (if he even uses his hero power) kind of sucks

This third wing is ridiculously hard. Expect that your invincible deck will lose it all with a single turn flipping everything around.
You’ll need a lot of luck to finish this, even with well thought out synergistic decks. I agree, it’s very frustrating… So I’m kind of glad they separated this latest dungeon run into normal/heroic since when I play for fun later itll be on normal most likely.

Also this, to anyone having trouble. Robe of gaudiness is one of the most OP items, allowing you to ignore mana curve almost completely when picking cards, and just going for the heaviest sht offered to you.

Also if you can get the take a free turn, that’s often all you need to completely destroy your opponent’s board, his 2 turns in a row won’t be enough to bring it back since your deck will be so broken (if he misses a response turn)

Not buying it. I’ve finished the heroic adventures with all the henchmen so far. He’s the worst boss to face by a pretty wide margin. Unless you have some right hand man + Elistra thing going on you’re not going to “outvalue him so hard” when he starts with three mana versus your two.

Then again, you also magically have a perfect curve to go with your “OP” deck.

Sorry for the gravedigin but TheVoid is right!
Everyone who claims Rasil is easy and you just roll through it is just plain lying as there is no way you can beat him and he deserves to be nerved.

Stupid question here… Are we discussing Dalaran heist?