I cant play this game because of turn times

I would really like to but I have a life and can not spend the full duration of each of my opponents turns letting the rope burn. It happens every other match and it nauseating.

They have allowed people to grief using this method.

Its killed the game for many people hat just don’t have that kind of time.

2 Likes

You’re saying that you don’t have that kind of time, and yet you’re posting here. I reckon that you prioritize your time quite eccentrically.

5 Likes

The turn time design is really floppy. The base time should be far shorter, and each move should add some time. Turn 1’s base time should be far shorter than Turn 10’s. I suggest that they re-design it altogether.

2 Likes

It takes less than a single hearthstone turn to post here. You don’t have a point but if you gained some satisfaction from our interaction then im glad for you.

3 Likes

Try marvel snap.

1 Like

It is weird that with 60 seconds being the gold standard for dccgs where you only play on your own turn, they went with 75 seconds (essentially every 4 turns you get roped in hearthstone, you would’ve already had 5 turns in that time in another game). Of course other ccgs’ players also tend to rope less (which may or may not be directly related to that).

But yeah, blizzard has made it pretty clear they’re never going to address the roping problem. You can deal with it, play pve modes like dungeon run, or play a different ccg.

Wouldn’t recommend this one though. The card acquisition is worse than I’d make it if I were actively trying to be malicious and greedy, and the gameplay isn’t very good either imo.

that logic is already evident in Battlegrounds taverns, where tavern time lengthens throughout a match.

Having Noz in your deck rarely helps…

Often on a later turn where you explode the full timer is really essential especially for mobile users, so while it might seem bad that people are doing it when they only need 5 seconds it’s not really a problem with a solution. People will rope you just for playing the class they don’t like, if you really don’t want to get roped I think play a low tiered deck, even then the mentality on here can be very childish and they might rope you just the same.

You can’t avoid ropers by choosing your deck or playstyle accordingly. I made a list of things people will (by their own admission) rope people for, and it’s more or less impossible to avoid it all: playing meta decks, playing low tier decks, playing quickly, playing slowly, emoting, not emoting back, playing aggro, playing control, playing combo, playing their least favorite class (could be any class), using basic skins, using fancy/paid skins, being a streamer, being in a winning position, and being in a losing position.

1 Like

That was beautiful. And damning.