I can't believe this is still going on

There are a lot of gimmicks in the game - and people use them because they’re effective. Not my thing, but I get it and people are entitled to play how they wish. I have no problem with that. The Antonidas with the sorcerer’s apprentice coupled with the molten reflection is a powerful one. However, I cannot believe Blizzard hasn’t addressed the timer issue on that combo. Eighteen+ cards. That’s how many my last opponent was able to play before they took me out - and the timer rope hadn’t even started yet. The last time I bothered to time it, their turn went on for over 3 1/2 minutes with this ploy. I don’t have an issue being beaten in a game, but at least make it fair.

4 Likes

Had you closed your client(not exiting through the menu option) and reloaded it, which would drop you back into the game still in progress(provided it is not over already), you would have discovered that you were already dead, and it would have returned you back to the game in the menu, with a message to the effect of “You lost your last “X-gamemode” game.”

Basically, you sat there and watched animations for 2 minutes when you did not have to, out of your own ignorance as to what your situation actually was.

Just so you know, and to be clear, the animations are not necessary at all. The game instantaneously calculates things that happen, and does not ever account for animations.

The only card I know of that actually halts the game while its animation is running is the Warrior’s “Brawl” card.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how that pertains to a glitch that allows unlimited card play during a turn, but thanks for the unrelated explanation I suppose.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight, the OP explains how a play that circumvents the normal timer function of the game and draws out the match unnecessarily and you feel the need to make the below comment? Your answer post would have been much better and more respectful had you left the below sentence out especially the part right after second comma.

Back on topic, OP I agree with you that there needs to be something fixed in the game so your time is not wasted without having to close the game and restart it.

2 Likes

yeeeeeeah, I felt your pain. The turn seems to stretch to allow this combo to be super OP.

Your opinion and your respect are irrelevant. Both are neither required nor desired. I didn’t come here to make friends, I came to make enemies. Don’t forget, I am trying to crater “you”(where “you” is everyone who plays this game) in every match.

Anyways back on topic(LOL), this person, the original poster, was ignorant as to how the game worked. That is just a fact. And now the original poster knows. How you feel about it, how the original poster feels about and how anyone else feels about it is irrelevant. It is what it is. Accept it, do not accept it, like it, do not like it, doesn’t matter.

Fact of the matter is, the opponent in this case had cratered the original poster in the time allotted to the opponent. The opponent used no time that is not afforded to anyone and everyone else. Had the opponent exceeded that time their turn would have ended and their combo would have floundered. All that was left was the animations.

And had the original poster survived the combo they would have been afforded their correct amount of turn time themselves. But that was not the case, the opponent terminated the original poster in their allotted time.

Edit: Also, as an alternative, I would suggest conceding, instead of logging out and logging back in. But it just comes down to whether or not one realizes they they have been defeated. Guess some folks learn harder than others.

Yep you just want to inflame people , Good bye.

Casting/playing cards take less time than the animations that follow. Your opponent was able to que all those cards in his time allotted; but if sat there without dismissing the individual animations it would “seem” to run longer than his “allotted turn time”.

While MetalX may come off harsh, he is correct. The turn timer was not the issue here, it was your own lack of knowledge.