I am so sick of crutch cards that allow bad players to still win

I am so unbelievably sick of cards and strategies designed to cater to bad players so that they can still win, even when they get outplayed the entire game.

I was playing against a tempo rogue, with me playing Bomb Warrior. All game I walked all over him. He generated threats, I countered, he would put for the board, I’d answer. All game I beat him over and over, until finally he went for a myras to find a late game push.

Then guess what he did? Nomi + Shadowstep. 36/36 worth of stats.

I brawled to avoid instantly dying.

Then guess what he did? Nomi + Shadowstep. 36/36 worth of stats again.

I removed half of them and put one of them down to 2 health. He hits me for 18.

Then guess what he did? Nomi. 42 attack worth of stats back on the board.

This. is. stupid.

Even though he played like crap ALL game, even though he mismanaged resources and just in general played like a five year old all game, it turns out that being able to generate well over 100/100 worth of stats over three turns basically just allows you to win anyway.

If Blizz is still wondering why they’re losing revenue every month, maybe they should start asking why they cater to bad players

16 Likes

You’re playing bomb warrior and complaining about cheap decks for bad players? kek

43 Likes

Welcome to the beautiful world of hearthstone.

2 Likes

So your opponent had a deck with a very clear win condition: survive until Nomi + (preferably double) Shadowstep is in hand, then use Myra to burn rest of deck (and the bombs you shuffled - nice touch of that deck to counter Bomb Warrior), then fill board three times in a row.

I think you are misinterpreting their plays.
Their win condition was never to become a big threat on the board. At least not until they were able to play Nomi.
Most Warrior decks are control nowadays so survival is rather easy. But they have lots of removal. Enough to counter three or even four Nomi’s. So in order for a Nomi/Shadowstep deck to win, they need to bate/force you into using a few of your board clears early. Once they had they full combo AND felt that you probably were starting to run short on board clears, they pulled the trigger.

Sounds like they read the match, realized what the method was to maximize their win chance, and then executed that.

How do you know they misplayed if you don’t even know what was in their hand?
Also, are you sure they really played like crap? From your narrative it appears that they succeeded in making you believe they were fighting for the board while in reality they were merely stalling, baiting your resources, and keeping you occupied so you didn’t find the time to start smacking their face.

Look back at the game. Look back honestly. Were there any turns where, with hindsight, you now realize you should have held back on the board clear and defended in a different way, or even had to go face and force them to clear?

It is of course possible that you were really under so much pressure that you just had to clear the board to survive. In that case, they did a good job. They had a good deck, composed with enough agression and executed well enough to pressure you into using your board clears, so you had none left when they pulled the trigger on Nomi.

It is also possible that with hindsight you fell for their trap. In that case they had a good deck, executed it well enough to make you believe that their win condition was board control in the early and middle game. Resulting in you misjudging their plays (a play that is optimal for survival or for drawing into a combo can appear to be terrible when judged from tempo or value perspective). And resulting in you using board clears prematurely.

And yes. It is also possible that they have netdecked something, that they play terrible, and that their draws were lucky. But based on your post, that does not sound like the most probably explanation of what happened.

32 Likes

Man, you’re whining about that on here too?

It’s like the latest version of “but I had him down to 2 health, I was winning!!

12 Likes

You should use different cards and strategies then if you’re sick of the ones you’re using…

7 Likes

The the minions rogue uses are pretty slow, weak and really easy to counter, without Chef Nomi there is no other way to win the mech army with rush created by Doc boom.

But you are right, there are broken cards that allow bad players to win, Like duskbreaker, or Dyn-o-matic for an example.

The problem here seems that anything that goes beyond an aoe use bugs control players brains, since blizzard answer to everything is to explode the board each turn to make these decks way simpler to make them feel smarter than they are.

1 Like

You deserved it for playing bomb warrior.

13 Likes

what’s that? Sorry, I couldn’t hear you from all the way back at rank 5.

1 Like

It might have something more to do with your fingers shoved in your ears as you mumble your rank to yourself so you feel better.

I promise, it’s gonna be okay little guy :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

hey, I need to interview someone on what it’s like to plateau at dad legend and then talk like you have any idea how the game works. Do you have a few minutes?

I’m sorry, I don’t speak bitter-bomb-warriors-who-cant-win-a-match. You’ll have to phrase your question in the form of a reasonable point instead of just a personal attack, given how many people have already shown how incorrect you are on the matter.

You can insult my rank all day bub, all it does is make me chuckle. Heck, the non-points you’ve laid out in this thread prove that rank doesn’t necessarily mean that you know what you’re talking about.

Feel free to continue, though.

10 Likes

I can believe you don’t speak bitter-bomb-warriors-who-cant-win-a-match, because you were too busy studying can’t-win-with-anything-got-stuck-at-rank-5

Something something something bitter person who can’t take a loss

3 Likes

something something no skill internet warrior

You shouldn’t talk about yourself like that.

10 Likes

Oh wow, alright, if that’s the bar for comebacks…

I know you are but what am I?

None of your business

3 Likes

sticks and stones may break my bones, but you’re still stuck at rank 5

Boring, repetitive rank insults are boring and repetitive. Come back when you’re done being wrong. My rank doesn’t change the fact that you’re wrong, bub.

4 Likes