I am glad that Legends of Runeterra is truly F2P

I am sick of losing in Hearthstone, because my opponent has a deep pocket and plays an all legendary deck.

Just like League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra should be free to play.

1 Like

A truely all legendary deck is meme-tier trash.
But if you are complaining about how expensive meta decks can be lately, you are not wrong.

9 Likes

Umm… An all legendary deck would not have a very good win rate.

Yeah, I watched DT’s video as well. And I can honestly say that it does actually try to get me to play simply because of my play style. I log in every single day. Going to reward me for that more than paying money? Interesting, now lets see how well they actually do that.

I believe it’s one reason why Hearthstone has lasted as long as it has…

Exact stuff I thought about DotA and Artifact.

Silly me…

2 Likes

ughhhhhh. I need Beta Key. n o w.

Popular IP :ballot_box_with_check:

AAA Stylized Art :ballot_box_with_check:

Depth through back-and-forth Complexity instead of Randomness :ballot_box_with_check:?

Large Respected Company :ballot_box_with_check:

Cosmetics Focus instead of unwanted cards :ballot_box_with_check:?

Just remember that Riot is 100% owned by Tencent, not 5% like Activision Blizzard.

9 Likes

I wonder how smooth the gameplay will be if you can sandwich an action in between every opponent action.

Think of having opponents not roping once per turn on their turn, but five times on your turn lol.

Though, I only watched the 5 minuter introductory video so I might have gotten something wrong.

1 Like

move to wild. 5k dust gives you a tier 1 deck.

Sounds terrible for Mobile, and a paradise for the Turn 1 on the play Quest ropers.

Legends of Runeterra looks like PoopySmurf.

It better be free to play, because it doesn’t look worth buying.

I watched Trump play some, and as you alternate playing cards on the same turn, it seems like you would be more focused as you play.

Not like HS when you play your turn end turn put away your phone while you unpack groceries or the like. (one minute commitment every two minutes for ten minutes)

LoR you are actually gonna have to play play full time for the ten 15 minutes, so less accidental ropers I imagine.

But intentional ropers…

There is no question that Hearthstone is the LEAST interactive and simplest card game out there.

You know what he meant. You are just being a jerk based on syntax. Even a 2 year old can decipher what he was talking about.

1 Like

he just wanted to advertise runeterra and had no idea what to post because the game isnt out yet

Yo i got beta key invitation and just created riot account yesterday, how do i find the launcher for the game

hs has less than 10k viewers, it’s never been so dead lol

1 Like

Made today a Riot account too.

Riot’s card-game looks fun, period, I’m not Riot gamer but this is a good opportunity to see what they are capable of with my own eyes. From the glimpses/Streams I do believe Artifact was a better game (so far), but Valve greed killed the game, and lack of mobile client doesn’t help either.

I’m not fan of “Hearthstone’s doom” nonsense… but Riot has it all in house to take down Hearthstone: the man-power, the massive community, the nearly infinite stream of money from Tencent, the experience from previous “HS killers” and… the continuously crumbling reputation of Blizzard.

It’s all fired once at all at Blizzard… good luck dealing with that.

I don’t have much faith in leaders of Activision-Blizzard… the support has been remained minimal for Hearthstone past years, just like for OverWatch. Riot can deliver heavy blow to Hearthstone, and there might be no response from Acti-Blizz… as we seen it with OverWatch.

1 Like

I havent played the game. But from what I read, they want to make TCG not CCG. Yeah this decision is the one kill the game.

Main difference between those two are the game economy. Many CCG allow you have some kind of farming methods. TCG only allow card generation by cash.

Its like MTGO and MTGA. One of it are TCG, the other are CCG.

This is the reason why blizz dont allow trading between player. Its hard to make CCG have a trading system. The currency faucet will be so much than the sink. Making card prices deflated to nothing with continuous farm. people only need to share the abundant card between each other, instead of buying the packs to obtain it. Lowering the income for blizz because they must compete with second market in their own game.

Or if you played some weird P2W card game called Rise of Mythos (now dead), their trading between player must use different currency and certain pricing floor. Making it weird. People pay your card with gold but those gold converted to rubies that have limited use which cant be use to trade other people card. Making the currency sink so big compared to the faucet.

This is why I think pack purchasing system in CCG are weird. Which is makes sense otherwise in TCG.

Tencent pawns, killed their moba for a craphouse version of dota auto chess, couldn’t make a card game because it’d be too hard for them to balance.

I got access to Legends of Runeterra today.

it’s pretty good. (Did a short stream)

For the watcher, some things could be clearer - casting spells puts a small circle on the screen that disappears very quickly. Not the easiest to follow.