I am garbage at duels

I have been playing duels since it’s inception. For the life of me, I cannot achieve 12 wins. The closest I have ever gotten was with a meme murloc deck as shaman with 11 wins. I am resorting to netdecking, and just so confused as to why, with guides, I cannot hit 12 wins. after the joke deck, I can only ever hit 10 wins. Once I hit there, I’m dead by turn 3-5.

Because what is wrong with Duels was repeated in Battlegrounds, albeit to a smaller degree: Whoever picks the OP hero and gets a few lucky minion gets an early lead and almost always stays in the top 4. In Duels, people purposely pick cards that synergize with early treasures and then just keep quitting and restarting till they get the 2 starter treasures they wanted. Then they ride that to 12 wins.

12 Wins is very rare in Duels. Not even close to 12 wins in Arena (if you are good)

It´s not even the deck, there is a big skillgap. Sometimes i have a play, where i am proud of myself that i saw it. I also have about 17K Wins in Arena, that experience helped me alot to get a few 12 Wins of Heroic-Duels.

Sure, if you play like that in the casualmode, fine. But i think he plays Heroic (which is the only way Duels should be played).

Luck is always a thing in every mode. And yes, you need luck to get 12 Wins, but it´s a lot more than treasures or buckets to get there…

3 Likes

Ah yes, because everyone is a whale and no one plays without shoveling money into the hell-spawned pit that is Activision’s sales department.
Unfortunately for your opinion, you are wrong, as the majority of achievement hunters use “casualmode” simply because its 900% easier to achieve, and he is trying to get an achievement…

1 Like

If it´s so, then he is just a bad player, cause casual is so easy to get 12 wins. I played 3 Runs on casual and got 12, 12 and 11 wins. And no, i didn´t had perfect treasures. The players there are just bad and make so many missplayes…

I´m F2P for about 5 years now, have almost every card in the game (also wild) and get my gold from Arena and Duels. So, i´m definitely not a whale.

it’s 150 gold… you get some gold back too if you are good (10 wins is a lot) and the game gives free tickets.
If this is the defiition of whale, then I am a whale too because I played 6 runs between duels/arena in the last days :joy:

The game doesn’t give free tickets. If you’ll notice, when you click the “get your ticket here” it takes you to the payment page.

You get them from the Rewards Track.

1 Like

Interesting. Mine wanted me to pay $19.99 even though it says it’s a free reward.

On the rewards track, items on the bottom do not require the pass. Items on the top do. I’ve only seen tickets in the bottom row. But honestly, I’m playing Duels regularly and using my daily/weekly quests to fund the 150g entrance fee.

That… isn’t right. Duels came after BGs, so if there was repetition, it’s Duels repeating what BGs did.

You can pay $19.99 and get the rewards on the top of the track (mainly cosmetics), but everyone gets the rewards on the bottom (i.e. packs, tickets, gold). Anything below the dash-line is free.

Rewards Track - Hearthstone Wiki

*it seems that sometime today I lost the ability to post links, so you’ll have to just google it.

1 Like

There’s a little thing called skill, money can only get you so far gallywix.

Great skill when you get 30 health burst by some stupid synergy combo that cycles through 15 cards while you’re sitting there twiddling you thumbs.
Some classes and especially starting treasures are clearly broken and make for super not fun feeling when you run into them.

And many of those are being addressed in the upcoming patch. Granted, they’re adding new treasures to the pools, and they never seem to get balance right on the first go, but at least they’ll be different interactions soon :slight_smile:

That’s what happens with most whales, trust me I know from experience.

1 Like