Hunters and charge

I’m starting to witness a slew of charge minions from hunter face deck, they seem overly dependable. By round 3 my opponant managed to drop 2 random beasts that, ofc, turned into boars with charge, along with his first minion that buffed them both to 5/3, by start of round 4 I’ve got 4hp, wtf.

The ramping on some decks is one thing but I’m getting really tired of stupid basic decks with the ability to cut you down to nothing by round 4. Hunter is a successful deck but its ability seems to never alter, and the rng of it is super dependable, at this stage of the game I’m struggling to understand blizzards approach, it’s like they’ve chosen not to innovate but to recycle instead. I play mage which has varied greatly over seasons, having fun with some spelltac variants which doesn’t yield many minions, especially within the first 4 rounds, and people may suggest changing my deck to suit.
Would be nice if blizz removed charge minions from ‘random beast’, because it feels like I’m vs a hunter/warrior, next thing they’ll receive armor minions…with charge.

1 Like

Having both Animal Companions on turn 2/3 with coin AND rolling Huffer twice is already rather unlikely - you got hit by the super (un)lucky train. ouch!
I’d sent you a cookie for each time I got Leokk instead of Huffer, but that would vastly exeed the duty-free limit…
After “Charged Devilsaur” in 2017 - which can’t attack heroes if played from hand, Hunter recieved Dinotamer Bran’s pet, King Krush (which has the “singleton” caveat) and Demon Compaignon in 2020, that’s it. Team 5 became very wary of Charge and so far it’s okay, I think. With Huffer being a possible result of two other spells (Call of the Wild and To my Side!) it’s unlikely they will remove him from Classic in the upcoming Hunter revamp.

P.S. Here’s a list of all cards with Charge currently in the game:

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Charge

Wolperfinker needs a serious nerf Hunter can just draw this with +2/2 and have 2 3/3s on turn 2 or just set up a massive otk with them. I had a hunter hit me with 50+ damage against me. I dont know whos brilliant idea it was to make a beast that summons a copy of itself with buffs knowing that tundra rhino is a thing. :crazy_face::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Care to share a reply? I’m always open for ideas…
As for turn two 2 x 3/3, Zoo Warlock and Guardian Animals Druid scoff at that.

Its literally just handbuff your wolpers, copy them and then smorc with tundra rhino.

Oh, that one:

There’s several “if clauses” in it - drawing Thundra Rhino with Ingenuity or not hitting Wolpers with the buffs and copy effects, and crucially drawing Thundra Rhino at all. Well, MarkMcK doesn’t exactly play rigid meta decks.

You got killed by meme.

1 Like

A crummy meme. Any Hunter OTK is going to be worse than the usual hunter combo: face damage every turn.

yes, but only if he starts 2nd, he has a certain spell in the opening hand and he draws a certain beast with that spell. It doesn’t look too op to me

I killed someone with leoroxx into 3 king krush once :joy: (so many tries and it wasn’t even necessary to deal that much damage)

how did he buff it to 25 how???

Ive ran this myself to some success. Yes the damage is not consistent but its often 20+ damage to face so as long as you arent playing against priest or odd warrior you’re good to go. I also run shieldbreakers with mine to just get through a taunt if necessary. I am running mine with some variation with loothorders and polluted hoarders + vectus for card draw. Its just an excuse to run vectus really :grin:

And boreas um… Getting one to 10/10 + some copying?

Look I know it prob dont help being mage against it, obviously, plus he had the coin and just rolled the initial setup.

Be nice if blizz adds a thumbs up/ down feature aside emotes so the opposition can see how unimpressed I am by what’s happening.

You cant nerf that card lol you can only HOF it. lol