How to Play Classic?

I want to play Classic version as I am just starting out and the current game is too overwhelming. I don’t see an option for classic. I downloaded HS and under version it just says Hearth Stone. there is no Classic version. Then I run the game and no where in the game is there an option. What do I do?

Just found it. Go to Play, then click on the shield above the rooster and it will give you options. Not exactly easy to find for new players

3 Likes

To make a Classic deck:

1. Click on New Deck
  2. Find the button on the top right with a Phoenix on it. Click it.
  3. Select Classic

This is the stupidest crap ever. Youre telling me “new” players are joining now to play classic from 2014 and nothing else?? Get real

That is what I wanted. Why would I want to start now where everyone has a massive head start. So I tried it for a bit and I am getting destroyed with my starter deck by people with multiple legendary cards. I guess the matchmaking doesn’t work great…Not worth my time, I am too far behind.

I apologize if I came off rude. The down side to classic is it’s made for vets. Its the opposite of what you want. The new expac comes out in a week and a ton of cards rotate out, thats where youll want to spend your gold and money.

The rotation is good for new players because everyone has to get the cards and the meta hasnt settled. Classic has been figured out for years and everyone has the set…

3 Likes

Hi, first you have to select the icon and click on the classic cards of your collection, then you have to spray all the classic cards, when you enter next time you will have all the classic cards again and you will have to play 10 games in standard mode.

By getting new players to play Classic - they can then re-sell them all of their old content. You watch - they will make Naxx playable in Classic Format soon - so new players will be ‘encouraged’ to buy that if they want to be able to play competitively in that mode.

My advice new players - don’t plough money into the game to begin with - try free2play. Start by building competitive cards in Standard (regular versions - not gold). Wait a few weeks until after expansion release to see what decks are good or not. Avoid Classic - it is a dead format.

Best card. Visa or any credit card

1 Like

How do I play Classic in 2023?

There is no shield above rank icon, just a piece of wood texture. I have a hero with lvl20.

Do I have to get to some rank to unlock it or is it gone?

this is from the blizzard website:
To unlock Wild Format and Classic Format you must first complete the tutorial and graduate from the new player ranks in Standard Format by reaching Bronze 10.

New players to Hearthstone start in the Apprentice League, which contains 40 ranks, from Apprentice 40 to Apprentice 1. You cannot lose stars while playing these ranks. When you advance out of Apprentice 1 you are promoted to Bronze 10, gaining access to the normal Ranked Play and Classic Format.

Classic is really boring… it never changes… it’s always the same…

1 Like

I ploughed through 40 apprentice ranks to get bronze 10 and there’s no classic format to choose there.

The only available choices after clicking the shield are standard and casual, later of which apparently is wild now. No classic Hearthstone.

I am really mad now, what an utter waste of time that was.

Have you created a classic deck? I’m not sure if it will help, but I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to see Classic if you can see Standard and Casual. Can you see Wild?

There’s no such selection in my card collection. On the bottom there’s only “core” and expansions from Barrens onwards. I don’t see wild in the mode choice, like I said, only standard and casual.

To unlock both formats you also need to do one of these things:

• Play a Tavern Brawl. You need to have one hero of level 20 at least.
  • Obtain a wild card from any source. If you already have Wild cards in your collection from before Wild format was introduced, try these as a troubleshooting step. To obtain a wild card you can:
    • Buy card packs form Wild Format
    • Craft a Wild Format card with Arcane Dust
    • Playing a Wild Format adventure

You will automatically unlock Wild Format when any of your current cards moves to Wild Format, which will happen as Hearthstone releases new expansions.

1 Like

Okay, crafting a wild card did the trick. However it only grants basic set of 2014 cards, all collectible commons, rares, epics and legendaries would have to be crafted for the full price, so it was a waste of time nevertheless.

Thanks for the help though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From the beginning, it was clear that the classic format was created as an indulgence for people who bought classic packs at the game start in 2014. Core was created as an interchange for Classic cards, but everyone has access to it without giving any penny. Classic cards in most were very underpowered in wild meta. Blizzard has decided to create the classic format to not pay dust for cards in collections.

Hi, i want to do the achievement, back in the old days ir something like that.
That requires to reach Legend on classic mode.
I cant find it anywhere…
Any sugestions?

They removed classic mode. Idk about the achievement. Suggestion is to hope/pray they add it back.

1 Like