How to beat the stage 5 of Dalaran normal?

Hi

I’m getting frustrated… every time i start a new deck to fight this, i either don’t get any good bonus cards, or when i do, suddenly an NPC pops up near the end of the run that conveniently gets all the cards he needs to win and i get nothing.

How are you supposed to beat this? It’s so heavily RNG that I am building decks and having no success what so ever as i either get no good rewards for that deck, or i never draw the cards I want.

Can anyone offer any advice?

What I did was: get the Anomaly that reduces mana cost of Spells by 2, and go Paladin with the first deck and Hero Power. Whenever a bucket offers an additional Sound the Bells, take it (I was unlucky and was never offered one). When you get offered Swampqueen’s Call as treasure and are very low on Sound the Bells, take it as backup (another good option is the treasure that makes you start with 3 Boom Bots). Finally, pick buckets with plenty of cheap minions (particularly Divine Shield and Charge minions like Shieldbot and Bluegill Warrior). Don’t use Sound the Bells until your target minion can actually attack the enemy hero (or if the situation absolutely forces you to).

Luck of drawing Sound the Bells soon enough determines the rest, but all those cheap minions you get double as control to give yourself some extra turns. If you had to take Swampqueen’s Call as backup: swarm the board with 3 or more minions, then use it over and over again, going face with Charge minions you get this way.

As for the 9th boss (the 25 second restriction), just dump Sound the Bells on 1 minion as often as you can (first make sure she doesn’t have Counterspell or especially Mana Bind. Spellbender isn’t bad though) and go face with that minion all the time: she lacks removal (she doesn’t even have Vaporize, so you can freely attack every time), so your beefy minion should be able to do the trick.

Hey

This sounds all good - i just lost to the 9th boss actually so I will try Paladin now.

I was murloc shaman and well, she just kept randomly getting meteor and throwing it on every big mob i managed to do… plus the rest of her spells just wiped my board constantly.

Very unfair boss, heavy losses due to constant RNG. I really think Blizzard should fix that, it is not fun to invest all this time, to then either never get the card you need or the bosses always get their best.

I was having a hard time too and was just cycling through my heroes to see which one I was having the best luck on. I wanted the card back!

I ended up going full murloc with Shaman. And the hero power was change your minion into one that costs 1 more.

The 2 treasures I used were Hagatha’s embrace - add 1/1 to a random minion in my hand each turn so that my murlocs could weather all the huge damage hits. Also Recycling - everytime a minion dies, gain 2 armour. With murlocs I figured I would be playing lots of minions. Recycling made up for having less health than the bosses.

I feel I lucked out in tavern encounters and buckets - I ended up with 3 mistcallers - give all cards in your deck and hand 1/1. Also I was able to to have 4 underbelly anlers - after you play a murloc, add one to your hand. Since I had 4 in my deck, I used it as soon as I drew it – I often had too many cards in my hand, but the passive that added 1/1 and mistcaller made every minion card better.

One thing I noticed for chapter 5 – my decks that seemed unfairly strong against the first 6 or 8 bosses had a chance against the last 4. If I was having long matches from the beginning – I knew I wasn’t going to make it past 7 or 8 bosses.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice it helps.

Honestly i’m just losing faith - every time i get to boss 9, I do not draw the cards i need and the boss does. I’ve attempted Stage 5 over 40 times now and I cannot get past boss 9 or 10.

Simply I just never get the cards I need - a good example would be I had the anomaly that casts your spells twice. Went with a druid deck and i would summon a lot of Jade golem cards.

Came vs Vargoth, didn’t draw a single jade golem card… didn’t draw a single heal card and when i used a spell to wipe some of his minions, it would wipe mine on the second use… every time. When he cast a spell, it would cast a spell twice on my minions.

This RNG is just extremely unlucky and really not fun. I cannot seem to win what so ever.

Yah, frustrating for sure (btw, I haven’t completed RR or Witchwood solo yet, or Frozen Throne) . Sometimes just giving them time and coming back after gaining experience elsewhere or seeing tricks in tavern brawls helps.

I can see why you went with a more spell based approach rather than big minions - the amount of damage that the bosses issued was insane. I was just lucky that I could rebuild the board with murlocs - I only needed one to survive to do some damage and the armour building up gave me a cushion.

I usually choose the more predictable passive treasures and then every once in a while I’ll throw in some RNG based runs to change it up - just works better for my playstyle.

There are lots of Dalaran guides out there – have you seen icy vein’s?

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/the-dalaran-heist-guide

The site has a good reputation - though it didn’t recommend murloc shaman, so I’m glad I didn’t consult it beforehand.

You’ll get it - and that card back will be hard earned.