How to beat Aggro Hunter?

At Rank 6, every deck is Aggro Hunter.

I play Control Warlock and take too much damage until turn 7.

2x (1) Kobold Librarian

1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze

2x (2) Defile

2x (2) Vulgar Homunculus

2x (3) Stonehill Defender

2x (4) Hellfire

2x (4) Hooked Reaver

2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone

1x (4) Spellbreaker

2x (5) Doomguard

1x (5) Omega Agent

1x (5) Skull of the Man’ari

1x (5) Zilliax

1x (6) Siphon Soul

1x (7) Lord Godfrey

1x (8) Twisting Nether

1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus

2x (9) Voidlord

1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul’dan

2x (12) Mountain Giant

Any ideas ?

You play Aggro Hunter to counter Aggro Hunter. There’s a reason they call it “Hunterstone”. Personally, I’m over it until mammoth cycles out, the current meta is total garbage.

3 Likes

Doomguard seems like an odd choice for control lock. FWIW control lock is not favored. Might recommend dreadlord over doomguard. Shroom brewer or Tar Creeper might be better over giants if you are going the control route.

A couple decks that are favored vs mid range hunter are odd warrior, even and odd paladin, odd mage, and odd rogue.

Get rid of Jaraxxus, Omega Agent, and x2 Doomguards.

They are unnecessary and Doomguard is just bad without the Cube package.

Add x2 Plated Beetles and x2 Despicable Dreadlords. Very valuable tools for conserving health and threatening the board against small early minions.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

Paladin, Warrior, and Hooktusk are the best against Midrange Hunter.

Warlock doesn’t have a good deck against Midrange Hunter.

You can sometimes out them if you play zoo and beat them on the board, but I found the matchup usually swings the other way. Hunter just matches up against Warlock well by the very nature of the classes. Warlock’s hero power damages himself, hunter’s hero power damages him further.

I’ve been having a lot of luck with rush hunter and other tempo decks. Call of the wild is a pain but other than that, you run them out of steam pretty quickly with Redband Wasp/Woodcutter’s Axe/Frothing tempo plays.

1 Like

Hunterstone. No. Hunter deck in tier one. 3 paly deck in tier one no one say palystone

3 Likes

Because there’s more people playing Hunter than the bottom 3 classes combined.

Midrange Hunter by itself is more popular than the bottom 6 classes.

(VS numbers anyway)

2 Likes

What an original deck that has never been played before and no1 has ever seen or hope to counter…how can other players ever see it coming?

Mountain giants on turn 3! No way dude, very original.

1 Like

A more controlly deck will work. You don’t need Jrax too. You need enough early game removal, so hard mulligan for hellfire and defile. Doomgaurd also is pretty useless as it is.

You need to outvalue Aggro Hunter so I’d suggest climbing instead with Warrior or a faster deck like a Paladin archetype.

All that you need is the Lakkari Felhound inside X2 ;p