How RNG could kill hearthstone

ok so not outright kill it but is fore sure lowing shelf life of the game

so with more and more RNG the game is slowly droping it skill cat with RNG cards basically be crutch effects in Majority of long living TCG as example Yugioh with card call Dicelop a card that role 1 discard card from feo hand but role a 2,3,4,5 you discard or role a 6 discaurd your entire hand thats how a RNG card is balance now look at what we given Envocation spend 2 mana fill your hand with useful spells (it mage so you know odd are high get 3-8 useful cards) what is punishment for using this discard all used cards

do you see problem here in a game of yugioh you get tool remove resources at risk of your own but in Hearthstone you put nothing at risk and most time to gain Resources this would not be a problem if you vs it could fairly fight back vs it in some form

a fix would be adding a card every class would run that deal damage to both players for each RNG card in there deck if 1 of them running it (or if both are running it only trigger once) that way people can still use RNG but hath risk paying a coast (damage per random card in a deck is up to debate but feel 1 is enough)

if you got a better idea to fix RNG problem that growing fast I love hear it

1 Like

Yes: Custom game modes.

1 Like

A little RNG not bad for this, but what I call the signal I win cards is when your opponent throw down a card and it gg. Blizzard needs to learn to stop creation card that turns game in an opponent’s favorite just by drop of a hat with signal card played like yog and etc.

RNG cards should be created in low power levels, unreliable, used only for meme purposes, and weak in competitive environments.

There, that’s how RNG can be healthy.

1 Like

Hearthstone ‘‘skill’’ ceiling does not require much to reach, if you know how the engine of the game works, and maybe a few exceptions on the general rule with some card interactions in wild you are pretty much done witth your skill.

High legend requires focus, a good deck, and some motivation to reduce your mistakes made.

RNG is the factor that makes this game fun, standard mode is so dull that it is always the same cards that are being played and with some random effect you get a different match/winning condition where you need to improvise with the cards that have been dealt to you.

hearthstone is designed mostly for kids/teenagers and with a pool of 10 mana and numeric stats that you can apply on the board or go face or trade depending on the match up of aggro/midrange/control/combo there are limited possibilities.
Due to RNG you can have more complex board states that can require a bit more thinking of what to do next, especially in wild.

1 Like

The game has been out for six years already. How much more of a shelf life do you want?

from math I been doing with right updates it could go on between 8-30 years (but only if they focus on right stuff and avoid problems people keep calling out

as long they do not Feed the fallowing it could make at least 12 more years
-Class poblems
-RNG
-to much float damage in stander
-half balance new classes like they did with DH (we going get 1 more at least be for end of this game)

I guess Shaman will just have to be sick for eternity based on the hero power.

example
Taunt, Heal and Damage is on board meaning you 100% going to get Spell damage (it not really Bad type of RNG we talking about especially since all shaman RNG stuff not over top good like most)

I remember rolling 2 or 3 on storm was the pinnacle of rng, we came such a long way

2 Likes

They’ve simply run out of ideas. Maybe it’s the expansion schedule, but they’ve been using RNG more and more to replace novel and interesting mechanics. Yes HS, as a digital format is unique that it can implement RNG into its gameplay. It doesn’t mean they have to keep farting it out every few months.

Your concerns are about infinite card generation. Infinite Discover has been solved. Just wait for less chaotic card generations and it would be fine. No punishing players for playing RNG, btw.