How I would perfect Practice Mode

PvE is super overlooked in the game, which is a shame because that’s what I play about 95% of the time. Although there are a lot of adventures to choose from, I think the mode that can use the most improvement is the Practice mode. While I know these suggestions will never been seen and probably never used, I wanted to throw my ideas out here for fun.

If I could redo the entire mode I’d have 4 distinct modes, with options and sub-modes: Standard, Wild, Classic, and Custom.

For Standard I’d have two modes: Normal and Expert

For Normal, the AI uses the core set deck recipe [the one that doesn’t use any expansion cards]. These would generally be inferior, but at least interesting enough to face in a casual manner.

For Expert, I’d have the AI use one of the 2 other current deck recipes for standard. That means every expansion, the practice AI on expert would be different. I’d add an option for the AI to pick a deck recipe at random, or you can choose one yourself.

Wild mode would be really interesting.

I’d have the AI choose a random non-classic, non-core deck recipe from the entirety of the wild sets. Due to UI limitations, I think these should always be random, as choosing from dozens of deck recipes might be too cumbersome.

Classic mode would also have a Normal and Expert mode.

Normal would be the AI using their class’s ‘classic’ deck recipe, the one that utilizes a lot of basic cards and very few actual classic cards.

Expert would be the AI using one of the other 2 classic recipes, either at random or, again, at your choice.

This would be a great way to play classic without actually having to queue up, since right now that’s the only way to experience classic play.

Custom mode would be creating your own custom deck for you to face against, or simply using your own current saved decks. This would be great to test out your strategies against fun or meta-defining decks. In addition, I’d add an option to save decks specific to this mode, including the hero portrait and cardback, that way, you can create a themed deck and feel like you’re facing your own custom-made boss encounter. Maybe rag hero and card back, with a bunch of fire spells and elementals? That’d be fun as a custom experience.

Anyway, so that’s how I’d redo practice mode. I think if they had it like this, it would be suuuper fun, especially if you just want to mess around with AI and not worry too much about the meta.

1 Like