How exactly do you play around Illidari Inquisitor?

Especially when it gets discounted with skull or Raging Felscreamer?? And then ofc another gets played on the next turn and then again on Nzoth turn. WHO DESIGNED THIS???

This is just NOT OK. This should not be able to go face on the same turn it gets played, period. Or be changed to a legendary. 9 mana King Krush looks like a joke in comparison.

4 Likes

When it gets discounted by skull that’s definitely really rough. There’s not much you can do but that is a super high roll, it’s just really bad luck that they hit it off the skull like that. It seems like my skulls always get trapped behind expensive cards and then when I dig them out they just discount cheap cards anyways.

The standard methods to play around the Inquisitor are keeping your health up and hiding behind taunts. If you can put a minion on the board with more than eight attack it’s very hard for the demon hunter to clear it with their inquisitor and still attack face. You can also try putting enough pressure on the Demon Hunter so they don’t ever get the chance to play their Inquisitors.

Simple: beat them before they play it.

1 Like

Lol? Um yeah that never happens. I’d argue that II should be 9 mana. I’d like to see it removed from the demon list too but I know that’s not possible.

2 Likes

I have found that in my case if I survive till I play Jewel of N’Zoth to summon three taunts. They generally realize that they are not prepared and eventually concede because Illidari can’t go face.

1 Like

And duplicated by Felosophy, don’t forget that

1 Like

You don’t. Hope for high health and a bad mulligan.

1 Like

it wouldn’t change much (the power is still there).

I would change it by reducing the health by a lot: no more free trades.

If DH heropower costed 2 mana, I think it should have been reasonable the way it is now, but since it only costs 1 it seems more broken than it is.
Let’s not forget the cherry on the top: nzoth buffed to 9 mana for no reasons!
Only DH benefits from this buff, it’s hilarious :joy:

1 Like

the same way you beat alex or any other late game threat: be proactive and play your own gameplan, play for tempo and put pressure on your opponent. the only thing you shouldnt do is what a way too many in this forum seems to do: sit around and wait for the opponent to play it so you can try and remove it.

1 Like

You forgot the card that makes DH HP cost 0. So there’s that too.

Overall a big problem with the game is how much board clear there is these days. It conditions the mind to be more reactive then proactive. I’ve gone a number of matches in a row where I fight the exact same thing (lock/priest/warrior) that have upteen million ways to knock your minions off the board and now with shaman being able to do it to? And how op they are? Hey t doesn’t feel like there much reason to trust stacking any sort of minions on the board like that when they’ll all be sucked away so fast you can’t recover.

that card is trash; even if it makes DH hero power costs 0, it is fair because it’s an aura effect on a normal minion

1 Like

Yeah but on turn four they deal the card that reduces the cost of your next demon by two, so on turn six they deal II and bamb. 8 massive points out of your hero on turn 6.

It’s a combo, I think it’s fair.

What I don’t think it’s fair is giving this minion to the class with a 1 mana heropower and making the minion itself good too, even without the bonus effect.

To put things in perpesctive: warlock had Zzeraku, an 8 mana 4/12 that summons a 6/6 when you take damage.
If warlock heropower was 1 mana, it would have been very strong, but since it costed 2 it was never used in a meta deck (as far as i remember).

No clue why they are making overpowered cards for DH: they really need to take in consideration that the heropower costs 1 mana heropower when the make cards like this.
Even without the heropower, it would be strong with any weapon; they really testes it and thought “yes, it’s fine: it can trade a minion and go face on the same turn. Let’s make it a rare card and also let’s give it normal stats for its costs, no need to make it more expensive than a vanilla card”.

Meanwhile, another team thought “King Krush has to stay in the core set, because it is hunter’s identity! We don’t care that it never shines in the past years and it will be a weaker version of the new free alexstraza!”

In the adjecent room, mage team: “let’s remove Antonidas because who cares of mage’s identity! Let’s give it a more powerful and useful minion; Antonidas wasn’t played anyway”.

Really, I have no clue on how they made the core set :joy:
My theory is that different teams made each class core set, without making it fair and balanced for all classes.

Just look at druid: their core set is the worst thing I have ever seen!
(I didn’t analize all the cards in the core set, so maybe this last sentence is innacurate; but personally, druid core set looks trash)

1 Like