How do you overcome frustration in HS

I reached rank 5 losing no games going from rank 9 to rank 5, all with aggro warrior, getting the most perfect draw every game, now I played 23 games on rank 5 and I have only 4 wins. xD Im facing same matchups, tons of them are 60-40 for the warrior, but people against me at rank 5 highroll so much and always top deck the single correct card in their deck while I never draw what I need since hitting 5.

How do you overcome the frustration of getting terrible draws in row? I know it will turn around, but I dont even feel like playing anymore.

1 Like

Quit game, play something else. Come back when you no longer feel frustrated. My personal rule for ladder is to stop as soon as a loss frustrates me (sometimes it takes one, sometimes two or three).

2 Likes

When you’re frustrated about draws, your mind is somewhere else. You’re not focused on doing the best with the hand you’ve been dealt. As long as I don’t have the 1/100 series of really bad draws, I can still mitigate most of the bad draws and end up getting a decent result, doesn’t mean you will win necessarily, but you’re in with a chance.

There was a game in Grandmasters, with Kolento on Murloc Paladin vs Orange, he drew both Tip The Scales and Prismatic Lenses were almost dead draws, yet he meticulously managed his resources and still won.

1 Like

Stop playing for a few hours and let Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter aggravate me instead

Stupid Plesioth and his janky hitboxes…

It is part of the game.
From R5 up, the effect amplifies due to no win streaks.

Once you get familiar to the R5 up environment, you will learn to adapt to such situations better.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20767659324?page=1

1 Like

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

1 Like

Well, my account is probably cursed, I have won only 3 games from last 32, I think Im well under 20 winrate from last 150 games at rank 5.
My friend had the watch and learn quest yesterday and he gave up after 2 hours of me only losing.
I just dont know what to play, everyone has the perfect draw every single game, while I had Boom 8 times from 10 games bottom 5. My last 6 opponents played him on 9. Im 0-18 with Warrior this season.
What is even a good deck to climb, I cant find a single deck which can even win a game.

According to the latest VS Meta Report, the best decks in Ranks 1-4 are Control Warrior, Combo Priest, and Highlander Hunter. Combo Priest is likely your best bet, although it is tricky to pilot from what I’ve heard. Alternatively, you could stick with Control Warrior, but be more mindful of tilt. It’s possible some of the game’s you played were winnable but you were making avoidable mistakes. Personally, I stop playing Ranked games after two losses in a row (sometimes after a single loss if the match was particularly frustrating).

1 Like

You won, what, 16 games in a row? Surely you ought to expect a little bad luck at some point?

1 Like

So when everything was going your way it was fine and dandy, but the second you started losing, it is now not okay and you’re ripping your hair out. I see.

You cannot win every game and not every deck is viable let alone competitive in every rank. You probably missed that important unspoken information about life at some point: you win some, you lose some. Now you’ve learned in a hearthstone forum of all places, you need to internalize it. It’s these little baby steps that build your mental fortitude.

Well you sound entitled a little bit, but, be that as it may at the very least you don’t play resurrect priest, so I can appreciate that.

Hmmm, I wonder how that can happen in a game? Perfect draw every game. Suddenly they do? Hmmm.

Well people propose having multiple decks. Lets say the AI knows something we dont but suspect. So lets say they Ai is recording your wins and losses, total speculation here. And it records what you played against. So lets assume its matches up to lose or be more of a challenge.

But what if the AI can be fooled? You switch decks on it! Ha Ha! Thought I was going to play my Aggro Warrior deck huh AI? And you were going to give me the perfect loss matchup? Will I just switched to Big Shaman so now I still have a chance to win vs no chance!

2 Likes

Don’t ever do what I did (and I even did this twice!) I vowed never to return and dusted all my cards, crafted gold legendary’s to use up the dust, then I would dust those. Rinse and repeat until my account had no cards (only Basic left), dust or gold.

Didn’t work. I still came back lol. Either the game is really fun or I just love collecting so much.

Like others here have said, just take a break for a bit and then come back. Something I’m learning to do instead of going to the extreme lol (the tilt was real!)

I turn the game off an take a break. Frustration will often turn into losses. Better to just exit than to allow your frustration to impair your gameplay.

Yeah, take a break and play something else.

I was in a match for a daily in Casual. My funzies Paladin vs a Battlecry Shaman. Once he dropped the Twilight Drake I know he was going for the follow this linear theme deck for a Super Sudderwock.

I could Prismatic on 4 and I swapped a 10/10 cost 10 for a 2 cost spell.

How much do you want to bet the Shaman has a Hex only 9 cards into the deck?

YEP HE DOES!

You see, you always know the cards that are coming or are there. Just a matter if your playing the right linear deck against their deck. Makes it very boring and predictable.

The only thing that changes the linear play of doing trading is that Multiple Discovery or RNG moment of stealing the game.

Oh I quit that match by turn 7 as I knew my limited Paladin deck wasn’t going to beat the Super Shudderwock deck. I knew he would have 2 Hexes, some silences, a Zilliax somewhere between 6 - 9 with ancestral recalls. I would only be lobbing up clay pigeons for my opponent to shoot. So may as well at least deny him the “linear theme deck moment” of super shudderwock.

1 Like

Assuming he had two in the deck, there’s about a 51.7% chance to have at least one after drawing nine cards, so it’s likely that he would have one.

What is your actual complaint here?

Easy, I take a break and do other things that make me happy. I don’t choose to “bleed” on others when I’m hurt.

This game is heavily rigged. Just leave it, and go find a better one. Or enjoy the suffering, if that is your thing.

1 Like

it happens because they match you, as more as you win, win unfavoured decks that statisticly have higher winrate.

~Ben Brode

They probably didnt changed it. rigged bs is rigged bs.