How do you beat Paladin as a control deck?

All the matchs that I have against this class are terrible, although in this case I would like to focus on quest paladin. How a deck which is not able to kill him fast can beat him? The few times that I could beat them was with early giant combo, but this combo don’t happen with enough consistency

You mean that deck that keeps duplicating 8/8 eggs?

1 Like

Yep, the most of time, when I am close to do enough damage to kill it, it give lifesteal to 8-8s or use Zilliax and I run out of steam

I’ve cleaned their board once.

Next turn they used that one legendary spell that resurrects mech minions or whatever.

1 Like

poly of any kind, silence, anything that affects the board.

3 Likes

If you’re playing a highlander deck, get Mass Dispell off of Zephrys and use it on a board of magnetized minions.

Control vs Quest pally is a hard matchup as Quest Pally is basically the ‘control-killer’ deck of the meta - so don’t feel bad. It shafts control and loses to everything else.

3 Likes

Plague of murlocs is super helpful, as is earthquake. I have a Highlander quest shaman that can pull of the win against them with some luck.

1 Like

Quest paladin beats up control decks. There isn’t much u can do but get rekt

Last time I check Shaman is a control deck. 2 plague of murloc, two hexes, two silence, then double all that spells with Frog.

If you don’t have enough spells, Hagatha will give you unlimited more. Can’t see how Paly can survive this.

2 Likes

That kind of deck gets shafted by just about every other somewhat meta relevant deck.

Finding a balance between adding linear tech cards and staying flexible is one of the few deckbuilding-skills which are still relevant in Standard, though.
And not an easy one to acquire, to be fair.

2 Likes

Against Quest Paladin, just concede when they play the quest. It has an 80% win rate against Control Warrior, you’re better off just moving on to the next game.

I’d normally call someone out for being a crybaby for auto-conceding, but I agree, with that kind of a matchup auto-conceding isn’t a bad idea.

I think that would be a bit awkward to use polymorphs without having a big tempo spin, I guess that I could use Phaoris with a big spell pack to compensate this, or use a sparks instead of polymorphic so that the tempo loss would not be so much, but it would be very expensive to test :'v

I’ve never lost to a quest paladin with my resurrect priest deck.

mass dispel, mass hysteria, all while continually shuffling infiltrators into your deck over and over with spirits is too much for them. I even let them do their copy thing as many times as they want. Just keep killing mechanical dragons and the eggs as they duplicate them. Eventually, they run out of steam and you just roll over them.

Here’s an example:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/uXzodQvSfWCeFWPqR7s8Uh

and another:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/UHQTARmZcE7ibqoEBkw657

1 Like

Control shaman wrecks it.

And with that, you have lost me.

Bad sÅÅÅåås.

Combo.

Holly wrath paladin can beat it,at least it did for me the one time i saw a quest paladin.
You cant remove their boards so you need draw fast enough and be able to stall them as well.
Maybe mage could do it but they dont have a winning combo to finish it off.

I mean, to be fair, it’s spirit/bwonsamdi resurrect priest, not that wall/resurrect priest meta deck.

You can’t hate on the homebrew, man!

Don’t tell me what to do!
I can hate whatever, whoever, whenever I want to.
Be it homebrews, microbrews, or bruce’-brews.

Don’t not listen to me! You cannot can’t not hate beer.

The above first sentence is only to not be adhered to if the last sentence is not something you wouldn’t listen to if you weren’t not listening.

Now, I dare you to not listen to what I didn’t tell you what not to do!