Highlander quest shaman

Hi,

Several players on the forum have been experimenting with highlander quest shaman and its a deck that has my interest as well. the ability to play zephyr for double value,possibly brew it and also get another good card from it when you play shudder is very tempting (though not neccessarily strong)

Highlander Quest shaman is less refined and focused then normal quest shaman but when you look at it closely then you will see that it is only 3 cards that you are really missing.
-sludge slurper
-evil cable rat
These are the best minions that quest shaman has. They propel the quest forward with 2 ticks per card after you used the lackey and they are also a good target for doubling the battlecry after completion
-novice engineer
Also a top minion in quest shaman that you will miss having 2 when playing highlander. It propels the quest forward with 1 tick,maybe 1.5 on average with the card you drew. It also is a very valuable tool later on after the quest to have some draw in the deck.
-questing explorer
This minion I don’t mind having a 1 off,it does propel the quest with 1.5 but is completely useless after completing the quest. Maybe this minion should not be run at all
-bog slosher
-brew master
2 very good cards for quest shaman as well. If you brew a lakey generator then these cards will propel the quest forward with even 3 ticks,though they do need a target to get value from. After the quest completion these cards are not all that great,with the exception of being able to bounce zephyr. I can live with these being a 1 off.

Completing the quest with highlander is very easy,it does not feel all that difficult.
Compensation for novice engineer can be the 4 mana 2/4 draw card but I have trouble finding good alternatives for the lackey generators,imo there are not any good ones and you will be severely weakened by these being a 1 off.
All the other cards of quest shaman I don’t mind being a 1 off and imo they are pretty flexible in general.

I am looking for inspiration for this deck,my own list is all over the place so feel free to post yours with comments on why some cards and why not some other cards. I think in general the highlander list can have a bit more control cards/spells and does not have to rush the quest at all costs. Finding a solid win condition can be tricky but in general you should be able to outvalue any opponent.

Twilight Drake and MarScorcher(?) The dragon that deals one to everything. They’re not bad. All the card generation you have makes for a solid drake, and if you run the other dragon you have the option of running the 2 drop that discovers a spell while holding a dragon. 4 mana for two spells is solid. Vulpera Scoundrel is also a must, smoother an early game spell, or 2 spells for 5 down the road.