High loss rate on rank 25

Hi there,

i started Hearthstone some days ago and did my first ranked games today. Im surprised how good the player and their decks are on rank 25. i have a very bad deck (last time played was naxxaramas) but i lost 4 out 5 and the cards of my opponents seemed to be superior to mine. arent there any newbies like me on the low ranks?

Rank 25 means you are no longer in newby mode. You are now experienced. rank 50-25 is the newby area.

You will face others with bad decks at times but people will be aiming to win and as such will play to win. Thou you will get some free wins also from people losing to stop from passing the next rank floor to win farm.

At this point rank 25 and on you are expected to build your collection and have a reasonable deck it dose not need to be tier one but it most def should not be just a random mess of cards but a deck that has a realistic chance of winning.

As such i suggest either looking up the best ways to make a deck to refine your deck or net deck a cheap deck like combo priest and make the non lego cards. Even with the non lego cards the deck is strong and will win assuming you are not making to many mistakes. At rank 25 there is more leeway for mess ups. At this point from tank 50-25 doing quests you should have enough dust to of crafted some good cards to use. Personally last time o did it for the fun just hitting rank 25 I had the ful combo priest deck minis Amit. Than saved from there for him to complete my first deck went to rank 5 from there to grind for the month than next month went for legand on that alt account to finish the f2p run for the fun of it.

You are unlikly to do the same as wont know the deck as well and the meta but the deck will raise your win rate to likly over 50 percent till you hit the rank you should be at with that deck. Otherwise your loss rate with your current deck means you are above your rank at rank 25 but rank 25 is the bottem and means you need to get better at the game. you can never return to rank 50-25 as you are no longer a newbie. Between better skill and crafting better cards to improve your deck to get better. In order to meat the expected avg skill/power of a experienced player not a vet.

1 Like

Hearthstone has matured, and now a large portion of the player base has a lot of cards.

50-25 are the noob Ranks, they were implemented last year, you cannot fall below Rank 25 on an established account. Additionally, any player who gets to 15 can never fall below 20 Rank 20.

If you previously collected very few cards, just play on a new account, there’s a bunch of noob freebies to help you. If you collected a lot then you need to catch up, and it’s going to be rough for the first month. Try Wild Ranked and Wild Casual and see which one has the easier opponents. Focus on RoS and SoU packs, they have the best cards.

Yeah you need to have all the meta decks to advance at all.

Besides if you don’t play like 8 hours a day you won’t make it to far up the ladder, lol.

@moniss you dont need all the meta decks you dont even need one to advance. It helps to have one but esp at rank 25 you most def can advance without a meta deck. You also most def can with a partial one don’t need a complete one. Droping the legos often is quite acceptable for many meta decks esp agro ones without losing much power. I have done it on quite a number of times esp at the start of the season where many are playing old meta decks vs trying new cards ill play with the new stuff.

It dose not help a player seeking advice to give such highly bias advice esp not stuff that is so clearly exaggerated to the extreme as no way to know where the real line is based on that. I cant think of anyone that has as you said “all the meta decks” but yet know many that reach legand or rank 5 constantly.

To boot I play at lunch and only at lunch at work and get to rank 5 constantly and hit legend when I want to push here and there. That’s FAR from 8 hours a day. You really should post more accurate info if you want to give advice. Not say he will get to the same point only that is is possible and easy to rank high with less than 8 hours a day play unlike your post claims.

1 Like

Ah hahahaha :smiley: formerly 25 was about the worst rank xD I couldnt believe it, rank 25, every player I face has better cards on the worst rank (at least so i thought). But honestly, that quite bad, 50% of my cards are forbidden, I basically have nothing and Im only facing nice synergy decks. It would be more fair to have me started on 50 instead of forcing me playing my way all the way down.

If half your cards are wild since old either dust them and use that dust to get going in stand or better play wild. Any and all cards can be used there and the lower ranks there people tend to be playing around there so face alot more meme decks with lower power levels. Later ranks you do far much more powerfull decks thou due to all cards being there. Wild starts at rank 25.

You do start at rank 50. But as you are NOT a new player and have already reached rank 25 at some point (even if it was auto starting there as you joined over a year ago when rank 50 dint exist) you can NEVER return to rank 50 this is to prevent vets from droping there rank and “win farming” vs them for gold heros. This happens at rank 25. Droping you to rank 50 would be the same thing as you are NOT at the same power level as a new player with a bunch of wild cards that means your account dust level is way higher and would not be fair to new players.

If you want to start at rank 50 you can via starting a new account. This is how it is kept fair to new players. Thou yes there is always those that buy packs early and have more dust there but those people just rank up fast and get out quick as cant lose stars in 50-25 so imp to win farm there.