Hey can I just say.. GJ blizz!

You guys frikkin nailed demon hunter. The nerfs put it right where it needed to be, and thank god leeroy isn’t in on the class. I can see how that would have limited it. Seriously, demon hunter seems fantastic, and I’m looking forward to what the next expansion might bring to the class. As a lifelong gamer and avid blizz fan, (with plenty of prior complaints) just want to say you guys rocked it with this one.

5 Likes

After 3 rounds of nerfs it is still the strongest class in Hearthstone.
And the design is just Hunter v.2, now we have to face classes.

GJ Blizzard.

1 Like

Fair enough. There are still a $#!× ton of DHs running around, but I’ve beaten them enough times to say, yeah, they are just about right.

I read this sarcastically at first, then I realised you were being serious.

The nerfs haven’t detracted from people playing the class, that’s for sure. I match up against a DH at least 40% of the time. I say this because 8 of my last 20 games on HS Replay were DH’s

1 Like

This. Every start of a new season.

The nerfs haven’t done enough. When demon hunter gets to clear your 2 drop turn 2, 3 drop turn 3 and 4 drop turn 4 while still having enough mana to develop a board they still need nerfing. Why does a class like demon hunter get hunters burst damage but also rogues tempo and some of the better aoe aswell along with mini ragnaros? Maybe 4th time is the charm or better yet delete the class. Nobody asked for demon hunter.

1 Like

I would be reluctant to say they nailed Demon Hunter when it got 3 rounds of nerfs and could use some more (Satyr Overseer? Warglaives?)

DH, on a conceptual level, I think is well done, for bringing something new, synergies, Outcast etc.

But that’s it. They insist on making all those cards highly efficient - premium stats with upside, and flat out better versions of cards already existing in other classes. They give DH unparalleled card draw, unparalleled synergistic compounding face damage that is not in line with the other 9 classes.

DH pushes out many, many off-meta builds, because its cards are so efficient.

The upside of having “something new, a new class!” in the form of Demon Hunter, is not enough to counter the downside of DH just making the game worse overall. The game would be perfectly fine continuing with just the 9 classes.

1 Like

since i can beat it with paladin…i think DH isnt as strong as some people here say

1 Like

Because, particularly in the case of a new class, there’s a number of factors raising their play rate that aren’t necessarily balance-related?

since i can beat it with paladin…i think DH isnt as strong as some people here say

Paladin’ can be a very bad matchup for DH if they snowball the early game for a bit. DH’s early turns are nowhere near as strong as they used to be.

Big taunts and burst of healing. Poison to DH.

I’m glad someone else sees it that way. I know they launched op, but now I think they’re one of the healthiest classes in the game, imo. They’re also interesting to play and take a fair amount of skill to maximize.

Plus it’s currently a pretty fast class, which pushes Hearthstone into a trend I personally favor: actually playing the game on the first 5 turns instead of just stalling until one of you starts making mistakes out of sheer boredom.

2 Likes

I’ve beaten DH with Highlander Mage, with Face Hunter, etc many times. But there are also more games where it’s just an “uninteractive” loss.

Just because it’s beatable doesn’t mean it doesn’t feel terrible to play against.

DH also typically loses to a developed board of 4-5 health minions. Assuming you aren’t already at a dangerously low health total.

1 Like

but the decks able to beat it increased after they nerfed the class early game damage just a bit
and priestess is waay easier to kill now with 5hp

they keep saying the chances to win vs DH didnt increase but we all know it did ! i swap decks often and i noticed i can win with decks which didnt had much of a chance before
cant believe they hadnt noticed this too

Satyr needs to be nerfed to a 4/1 or 3/2 that generates 2/1. It’s suppose to go face not generate a stable board. Bliz couldn’t make up their mind… should we make it face DH or control DH?

The answer is: Yes!

Not only did it take them three attempts to turn a class from broken to decent, but after charging for battlegrounds, all they did was add a cancerous minion that has created an annoying meta, a few classes where only one is usable, and then ignored us. Good job!