Here we go again with another stupid brawl

As a disabled person I can not win any type of player vs computer game that has these 1 of 8 run win games. I had to stop playing solo adventures when these types of adventures started, which was sad because I won every one until then, and I have to stop any and all tavern brawls that use this type of win. I am sure that I am not the only one that feels this way, as I am sure that I am not the only disabled person that plays Hearthstone. They need to bring back the tavern brawls that used to rock!

Ok, Iā€™ll biteā€¦ I am interested to know why you can play regular PVP tavern brawl but you cannot play PVE runs. Is it because certain rewards are timed? Because you can always play 1 game and come back later at your convenience to continue the run.

Because run games get progressively harder. PVP games are win some, lose some. In the run games, I cannot make it past the 3rd or 4th run, thatā€™s it, Iā€™m done. Ive had multiple strokes and I have MS; I cannot do the progressively harder runs. Some days I lose all days on the PVP games as well. Satisfied?

You would think with your disabilities that you would appreciate the irony of your complaint. You more than anyone should know that sometimes in games, as in life, that there are some things that canā€™t be beaten or beyond your capabilities. However, in this game, it can be beaten. I havenā€™t reached legend despite investing tons of time. Iā€™m 45 years old and been gaming for 40 years now. I can admit that I may never reach legend status, but the joy for me is doing my best, learning from others and myself, and never giving up. I havenā€™t beaten the ragnoros on the brawl yet either. But I enjoy the fight getting there and enjoy trying different approaches on the next run. Please donā€™t give up.

One advantage of the PVE games is they arenā€™t timed ā€“ you can take as long as you want to make your moves.

Another is that thereā€™s no requirement to reach the end ā€“ you can do all your quests just by playing the first/easiest match, conceding the second, and repeating the first again, etc.

I understand Tsaboā€™s question because thereā€™s no new physical requirements / interactions in the later matches vs. the earlier matches. If you can beat those you have the motor skills to beat them all.

Maybe they just feel like too much to think through? Part of it comes down to what treasures and card packs you were offered - in this current Brawl, the Hand of Rafaam can make things a lot easier and end games a lot quicker.

I wonder if watching someone else beat it might show you something you didnā€™t know or just give you confidence that it can be done?

Not trying to attack, just to encourage.

Have you actually tried this brawl? It is significantly easier than the adventures.
Iā€™m not sure how deep your disability goes, but whereas a normal player might only have 50% on heroic and 80% on normal adventure, this brawl could easily be 95%+.
Do note, however, the classes are not balanced. Priest is very hard, shaman is so-so. And while rogue might be otherwise easy, it does get a bit complicated. Iā€™d say your best chance is with warrior, where you just spam bomb and donā€™t worry about anything. Restart if you donā€™t get hand of rafaam in 1st AND 2nd treasure. It will take a lot of tries, but it will be very easy.

As for archtheif rafaamā€¦ Aside from garr, hitting the button as often as possible and going face should give you pretty good chances. Always pick the lowest bucket offered(unless the cards arenā€™t useful)

In other words, if your disability makes it hard to win normally, just go hard cheese. Unlike normal adventure, the brawl can actually be cheesed (due to low hp of enemy hero)

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried this brawl, but regarding last weekā€™s brawl; I played one adventure only for 17 hours before I won one game. And that was with the boom guy, supposedly the easiest one.

I am sorry to hear about your disabilities, and I am glad that you have found ways to enjoy Hearthstone despite the extra challenges you have.

That being said - I am going to give the same response I have given before when people complain about a Tavern Brawl (e.g. about it using a premade deck instead of a custom deck, or about it using a custom deck instead of a premade deck, or ā€¦ well, you get the picture)

Tavern Brawl is supposed to be a lighthearted mode, not seriously competitive. It is also an ever changing format. If you donā€™t like this weekā€™s format ā€¦ too bad, but the good news is that it lasts only a week. Next week will be a new format. A format that you, perhaps, will like. And others dislike.
Nobody forces you to play Tavern Brawl. There are other game modes. There are other games. You can try those the rest of the week, and then see whatā€™s in the Tavern Brawl next week.

In addition to that: this week specifically we already know whatā€™s in store for us. It was disclosed when the Fire FEST-E.V.I.l. was announced.

The post told is in advance of the Blackrock Crash last week, and the continuation with an extra playable hero this week. They also already told us whatā€™s in store for the week after:
ā€œA brand-new player vs. player Tavern Brawl where only the best decks remain at the top of the mountain. Queue up to receive a random deck. Then, if you lose, youā€™ll use the deck that defeated you in your next match. Which decks will survive The Burndown?ā€

And after that, I assume weā€™re back to the ā€œnormalā€ rotation of Tavern Brawls.

If ā€œused to rockā€ means ā€œeverything except those 8-boss runsā€, then your wish is granted.
If it means something else, then it likely will be granted too, since as mentioned I expect the normal Tavern Brawls to return after next weekā€™s.

Tip for this brawl.

1. Pick archvillian rafaam
  2. Choose the lowest cost cards each time. You dont actually need those cards. Pick all the 1 drops if you can.
  3. Choose passive abilities, again you have no time/mana to waste
  4. Push that hero power every turn
  5. ā€¦
  6. Enjoy your pack and extra reward
1 Like

@Wtflag - thanks for your help. I played this for almost two hours and only once made it past the third hero. Have no idea what the reward is, but Iā€™m done with this brawl. A typical brawl takes me 19 - 23 attempts just to get the deck. As long as Hearthstone does these solo adventure brawls, Iā€™m done with them.

About that Archvillain Rafaam hero power:

I just pulled Golemagg out of Ragnarosā€™ deck (the 8th and final boss) on turn 2 (earliest possible opportunity). Golemagg is Ragnarosā€™ most powerful minion (cost: 50 mana; attack: 20; health: 20. Mana cost is reduced as hero health decreases). I laughed so hard!

To Ragnaros, ā€œGIMME MY GOLDEN RAFAAMā€™S SCHEME, PUNK!ā€

XD

I thought that but these TBā€™s are way easier than standard Solo Adventures. The bosses are the same and in order and knowledge is power so you can plan ahead.

Also, the treasure cards are way better. I wish some these I could use for the Witchwood Monster hunt.

Pick starting the game with Dr. Boomā€™s bots or the opponent starts with 2 curse cards in hand. I got a double up of that one run and the opponent was taking 8 damage before each turn before wasting their own mana to clear them out.

I had good success with Hagatha and picking Murloc quest bucket then all the ā€˜Fishyā€™ buckets after.

I usually suck in Solo content but I found this a lot easier and I finished in time to get all the rewards and I went back the week after to do it with Rafaam too.