Hearthstone's monetization is unjustifiable

How do you justify paying for this game? F2P only works if you play all day, this stupid 2d childrens cards. Hearthstone charges you $50-$80 three times per year to access PART of the game. Just Dance charges $4 per month to access the FULL game. You stay fat and ugly playing Hearthstone… with Just Dance, you are getting exercise and the health benefits of real music.

So, my friends, I ask you: Why are you paying for Hearthstone?

(If you’re not paying, you’re still playing it to keep up.)

1 Like

At least I’m not spending money on egirl bathtub water. Now kindly stop telling me how to spend my ducats.

9 Likes

So the yearly cost of Hearthstone is still less than a night’s bar tab for many people. A lot of people complain about the cost, but fact is, video games are STILL one of the cheapest hobbies you can possibly have- when you compare the number of hours of enjoyment you gain from each dollar spent :slight_smile:

6 Likes

People pay $400 for virtual underwear like this:

https://preview.redd.it/x6t434xjmos81.jpg?width=3840&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8aa165b6f0eb6cc9a7b95767793996dbf4217fff

HearthStone is nothing in comparison to actual gacha games.

In my opinion they never do what I will consider unfair monetization, release cards extremely powerful behind a paywall.

I never spend a cent in this game and can have any card I want with the resources provided by the game itself, so, I can’t complain about the model.

3 Likes

For the same reason you are paying/playing Just Dance

I’m rich so I don’t care.

1 Like

$50 - $80 per expac?

dude I spend more than that on a drunk duels night

2 Likes

By not giving them money in the first place.

i’m not.

Knocking out a few dailies/weeklies here and there are more than enough to keep up and take little time at all.

1 Like

I think one of the impt thing before starting with HS is understanding it’s monetisation system.

Too many times, players did not understand how it works and how it support the whole game’s design as it is.

And when the player start to understand it, they find themselves in a predicament of unable to manage the resources and expenditure.

my version of the game is free

i think someone is lying to you

1 Like

Let me guess: you play the 2-3 decks you like and consider that “f2p-friendly”.

I’m enjoying the game? So I pay for it just like I pay for almost any other entertainment that someone els put in the work to provide.

Op, look around the costs of any CCGs. How do people keep playing CCGs? IDK. Do you spend more than 4 on any entertainment? How do you justify that?

SMH at these forum posts.

But then you spend about $300/year just to have the right to play games with hardware/internet requirements, otherwise you can just buy a $250 laptop if all you want to do is browse web pages. Magic seemed really cheap back in the day because none of us had dropped more than $100-200 on the game and we basically used the same cards for 5 years straight and we shared the decks around, swapped and traded cards, still had a larger card pool than a standard hearth. Then in something like gwent or LoR you can probably do well enough just to spend like $40. I don’t necessarily mind to spend money on games but hearth has a long way down before it’s even a consideration, in my mind $10 for a whole set is probably what I’d consider so I guess in that aspect I’ll never drop a dollar on the game because others are willing to spend much higher and they will never drop from that price point.