Hearthstone to be bundled with Windows?

Is it true that, now that Microsoft is buying Activision/Blizzard, they’re going to bundle the Hearthstone client for free with Windows 11?

The thinking is that, just as solitaire and minesweeper got people familiar with and comfortable using a mouse in the 1980s, Hearthstone can finally get them familiar with using Windows with a touchscreen, while also bringing in revenue.

So, I expect all mouse support will be removed from Hearthstone, to encourage touch use. Hearthstone may be removed from iOS and Android, to focus support on Windows, and Windows 11 will be required, to encourage existing Hearthstone players to upgrade to it and simplify technical support going forwards.

The tavern will be renamed the Microsoft Hearthstone Community Hub ™. The mercenaries camp interface will be cleaned up with a clearer task manager. And in Battlegrounds the barkeep will be renamed Microsoft Bob ™.

Exciting times lie ahead for Microsoft Activision Blizzard Hearthstone PlaysForSure Windows Microsoft Surface Compatible Touch ™.

I doubt it (edit: about bundling, that is, I’m not paying any attention to the nonsense after that). Past lawsuits against Microsoft’s choice of apps to bundle with the OS indicate that it would be a bad idea (likely considered to be anticompetitive).

I would rather play Solitaire

No, it’s not true. Why would you believe this even for a minute?

1 Like

lol game of skill bundles with solitaire

The original Solitaire was simply two small files. Hearthstone is over 2GB.

My wife missed the original, so I searched the internet & found the two files I needed. Now, she plays the original. Happy wife = Happy life.

Forget Solitaire. Minesweeper is better.

1 Like

Hearthstone will be available only via subscription on XBox.

1 Like

This seems more likely.