Hearthstone Sportsmanship

Why does it seem like most people who play this game are raging d**ks? If it’s not the repetitive emoting to annoy the crap out of and/or taunt the other player, it’s losing a game and burning the rope in spite, or playing their fantastic Yogg-card (and whatever else - as slowly as they please) when you end your turn and you have 2 health vs 25 attack on the board for your opponent…

I mean, I know people are competitive, but the people playing this game seem to fit the description above far too often. Then there are ones that complain incessantly in the forums about pricing or how Blizzard is ruining the game…

I know, I don’t post often but I play quite frequently. I have posted this sentiment before and sadly, I must post it again, as nothing has changed all that much within the HS community. I will give Blizz that they seemed to have rubbed out the bot problem though. One less thing for people to complain about.

My suggestion would be to, rather than post scathing and snarky comments at players and/or Blizz, to come up with constructive ideas and potential remedies to the issues that are reasonable. B****in’ and moanin’ aint gonna get ish done.

7 Likes

The only time you can b*#ch and moan is about b*#ching and moaning…got it.
Solid🙄

Point in example. got it.

It’s because you take the behavior of the dicks personally, and spend time listening to the complaints you find on the forums. You really will find some dumb ideas, and some really dumb complaints here on the forums. I usually hang out in an unofficial HS Discord, and sometimes we link topics we find amusing for whatever reason into chat.

So, yeah. Keep it up complainers. You’re giving us a good chuckle!

@OP Just don’t get so caught up in the bs, enjoy the ride, and you’ll be fine. Also, I think I’ve run across you on adder before.

1 Like

I said well played to someone once and they friend requested me. They were mad that i said that to them. Boy was i laughing my behind off while making him more mad. I love salty people they are fun.

It’s a combination of little strategy needed to actually win the game and the sheer amount of OTK decks we have currently. The game is being tailored to a bunch of idiots that play auto-piloted decks to win if they magically get their combo cards on queue. For some reason, most of these people you mentioned think they are good at the game because of that and proceed to incessantly spam emotes.

Pyschological warfare. Completely legit way to fight.

1 Like

“I’m against picketing, but I don’t know how to show it.”

— Mitch Hedberg

3 Likes

Gave you like but I am one of those raging ducks. Why? cause the 1 2 3 RNG. Tier decks in casual all day. My opponent will spam some emote right off the bat, usually “Wow”.

Playing my gimped aggressive deck in Casual get endless spell mage sigh. 1 2 3 RNG gives him doomsayer on 2. Hecklebot of 4. Hecklbot on 5. Twinspell make super mega minions by killing off one after its almost dead (nice to have fresh ones). Do it again next turn even though the game was GG on 2.

Every season only a few decks that have win rates. Winrates = everything. So be a raging duck until they make a better game.

1 Like

Yay I got into my own account for the first time

I think this is why some of us prefer battlegrounds.

1 Like

Next Match Highlander Galakrond Rogue

turn 2 play a 6/6 Van Cleef (shocker) Legendary always sitting on top even in a highlander deck
turn 3 play Blink Fox < — Always, even in a highlander deck
play lackey get a 2 cost minion its a poisonous
turn 5 play Shield of Galakrond < —Always
turn 6 play Zephyrs (legendary always sitting on top even in a highlander deck) Destroy my secret AND get a 5/4 minion
turn 7 game over its that easy.

Thank You Zephyrs for sitting on top of the deck and everyone knowing its most useful to drop on turn 5 or 6.

16/25 minions played, daily almost done. Might have to make a deck so daily are done in one match and log out.

1 Like

this right here is why so many people are complaining about Rogue;s right now, because you cant auto-pilot your deck against them because you can’t play around their cards because they are random cards.

So these people cry like all can get out because they can;t beat the Rogue without having to actually play the game and they cant play the game because they dont know how.

Wow! Then you should immediately go to the World Championships and win… Because, you know, it takes no skill to win this game! lmao I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. Just uninstall it bro and leave the forums behind.

Blizzard has intended for these in-game features as part of psychological warfare. Some people really quit because of rope burn and emotes. (Like, why do these people get so emotionally affected that they have to quit?)

So there you have your answer. The only unacceptable emote is Sorry, as it has been removed. Other than that, the emote and rope burn is working as intended by Blizzard, I would suppose.