(hearthstone) skull of guldan bug

When I draw a soul fragment with ‘skull of guldan’ cast with outcast the card after the soul fragment does not have the 3 Mana cost reduction as it’s supposed to.

I think I know what the problem is though, when you cast any ‘draw card’ card and you draw a soul fragment, the game by default draws another card being it’s a cast on draw card. So I think what’s happening is you get the draw with ‘Skull of guldan’ and the 3 Mana cost reduction goes to the soul fragment, but you draw a card on default off the soul fragment not the skull. Obv idk how to fix this, but my deck has a lot of soul fragments so this happens a lot, please fix.

Your hypothesis on what happens is spot on. And that also explains why what you see is NOT a bug.

Skull of Gul’dan (when cast as Outcast) gives a mana reduction to the cards it draws.
If one of those cards happens to be a Soul Fragment, then that Soul Fragment gets the cost reduction. Useless, I know, but that’s what the card says, so that’s what the card does.
The Soul Fragment then automatically casts, and as part of the Casts When Drawn keyword, it forces a new card to be drawn. This card is drawn by the Fragment, not by the Skull, so it will not be reduced.

I knew that’s what was going on, I just thought it would still get the cost reduction. Just thought it was maybe a bug, even though ik it’s not being drawn from the skull, it would still get it. But oh well I suppose lol

But how you think

if

? Doesnt make sense.