Hearthstone Mercenaries Support Ending

The Hearthstone Team has announced that Mercenaries, the new game mode that launched October 21, 2021, is no longer going to receive content updates.

Source: out of cards

I think that this was becoming more and more likely with every passing month, they just couldn’t seem to get the mode into something that they felt was worth it.
Few players really got on board with it (partly the gameplay, partly the crazy prices and packs that gave you coins for maxed out merc’s), zero duplicate protection, cosmetics in packs. They kind of just got EVERYTHING wrong all at once which was obvious to everyone else but seemingly not to them.

It just shows how disconnected they are from their player base and that HS has become a last ditch effort to milk money far more so than any kind of effort from Blizz to make a good game.

2 Likes

Sad. Its the only game mode i like. I just upgraded a maxed out character and then started a heroic battle and then discovered that the buffs didn’t apply in heroic. Very stuped decision without mentioning it. Seems its for mythic only. So wasted resources