Hearthstone Mercenaries Bug Compilation - 25.4

I’m saying that Wrathion has an equipment that gives his second skill a bleed status effect. The damage from this bleed is not considered to be damage dealt by him, as it does not scale the health he would gain from his third ability. By this same logic, it would make sense that it would not trigger holmes ability if the bleed killed the target. This could be the case for all other enchantments that deal damage.

Design limitation. There’d be no way to prevent C’thun from coming out as soon as a single enemy was killed if they increased the the number of slots to 3 on that fight. By having it as 1, it guarantees that C’thun will only show up after all 3 are dead. This is however where the Bwonsamdi exploit comes into play.

All “random” attacks are supposed to respect taunt. If this wasn’t the case for Lokholar at some point, it was a bug and has been fixed it seems. I personally never encountered it though I didn’t do that bounty much.

I think that’s a wording issue. I don’t think the intention was for it to trigger from friendly shadow abilities as it would be a hardcounter against any shadow comps. That being said it is possible that it’s meant to. Twisted Worgen is worded the same way with its shadow damage passive, and previously did not scale off of allies, but now it does.

Hard to say if this is intentional or not. There are plenty of cases where animations or sounds don’t play for opponents that do for yourself, for example attack sounds. I have however noticed that in Hearthstone in general lately I’ve noticed many times where animations just don’t happen at all. Might be a global bug.

This should be intentional. I can’t recall if there’s a death phase between Trigore’s backlash proc, but a dead merc certainly shouldn’t be able to cast an ability regardless. As for consistency the only thing I can think to compare it to at the moment is Y’shaarj’s first ability killing the target and himself. It of course won’t attempt to cast the ability again despite the deathblow.

Oh, sorry, for some reason I remembered his ‘True Form’ ability wrong — or maybe read it wrong in the first place, haven’t played with it much. Never mind that.

Not really: many of them use Azshara (with that blade), and she can deal massive Arcane damage. Normally, you’d want to take down the ‘adds’ first, then tend to Garrosh, so it might be doable — I haven’t tried it, though.

PS Some bounties look like they are meant to be ‘hard-counters’ for particular parties (although Garrosh is still doable with Fire, for instance :grinning: ), so it wouldn’t be an issue if that were the case.

You mean enemies?

Or even those entry animations of mercenaries that I mentioned earlier — just to brush up on some old things. :slightly_smiling_face:

Not a problem.

Yeah it just feels odd to me that they’d have a bounty be a hardcounter to 2 different comps. In my experience Garrosh can already be pretty tough if you’re unlucky.

The enemies of the worgen yes. Allies of the player. It’s a bit confusing to flip back and forth when writing replies. Must’ve gotten mixed up.

If you’re referring to Onyxia, I added that. If there are many more I may just put it under general with a list of them to save space and time.

As in, I am posting bugs that I’ve encountered. I also checked in to see if others maybe had the same issue just in case, and then when I find they do I contextualize what I noticed with other’s encounters. But, like, who is “someone” I guess, my point is aren’t I someone? Who are the authorities you’re pointing towards

I got lost in the back and forth, and I accidentally repeated myself a little there, but my point is that you are doing your utmost to set doubt on whether I witnessed a phenomenon that I did. I am verifying these phenomenon that others have reported. What do you actually want from me/ Because it certainly just feels like gatekeeping.

No, I meant the general old issue:

These animations are also not visible when your opponent plays mercs from hand (in both PvP and PvE) — unless they miraculously fixed that in the latest patch, which I haven’t tested yet.

:grinning: Even three, if we include Shadow: there’s also an ‘add’ that gives Fire and Holy resistance.

Somewhat tough, but not impossible. One can still do it with Fire (the right order should be figured out to play around the resistance and shields, then it’s quite consistent), but sometimes a decent bench is also needed. Other options would probably be Frost and Nature (especially with Nemsy).

Oh I’m aware that enemies can’t see special entrance animations. I’m pretty sure that’s intentional so that both players are given access to their abilities at the same time. I could be wrong though.

True. I’ll add it anyway because I do know what you’re talking about

Some more notes…

Fix confirmed, by the way — did it with Rattlegore, Geddon and Ragnaros (not my idea, but it works), and it counted.

UPD: actually, it’s also Banehollow.

I’d like to clarify that I am totally okay and in support of anyone sharing their bug experiences here. Don’t worry if anyone says otherwise. The list is long and I don’t expect everyone to read the entire thing so I also don’t mind if some replies are already listed as well. I’ll retain the fact that I’d prefer to test bugs myself before adding them to the main list, but as you’ve mentioned this isn’t a concern of yours.

Speaking of the main list however, I’ve decided since then to be a bit more lenient in that if someone really wants something to be added to, or crossed off of the main list, but it’s something I just haven’t gotten around to testing, I’ll accept clear video evidence as a substitute to my own testing. To be honest I have not been too diligent lately due to a bit of burnout on the mode, and as has been discussed earlier, I may end up archiving the post and delegating the matter to other people in the community sometime soon.

1 Like

This is finally fixed

Maybe the community could do something in a REAL bug tracking system and this subject could be just a link?

1 Like

The issue with community bug tracking is the amount of duplicate reports. You’d need to have a few people around to sort through them. At which point it just becomes a repeat of the forum.

Even a post on this forum can be made editable by everyone, but that’d probably be not a very good idea — some curated list is needed, as I also stated here earlier, because of all these duplicates and common misunderstandings or false positives.

By the way, making a post editable by some people is an option, apparently — so technically we could have a few volunteers keeping it up.

That said, a bugzilla does have some technical advantages — true, but it’s unclear for me whether it’d be worth the trouble for this particular purpose.

1 Like

I think that post is misunderstood. I made a playground for him just by making a new post lower down editable so he could mess around with it, but ultimately, anyone can still edit it.

So once you make a post editable, anyone can edit it and there’s no way to select who can and can’t edit it.

1 Like

Pity, otherwise we could have a few appointed curators to maintain the list, if we wanted to, in order to reduce the load on a single person to maintain it.

2 Likes

That would certainly help quite a bit. Right now the only way to ensure the integrity of the list while also allowing the community to assist that I can think of is to have anyone reporting something new submit video evidence of it, but I know that isn’t always convenient.

1 Like

We could make a B-version of the list that is editable, and make a social experiment of it. Maybe it’ll be too niche for saboteurs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These are also a concern, but I was talking about amateurs, not saboteurs. The former (I just had to rhyme it, sorry :grinning: ) don’t necessarily mean ill, but the mess they tend to create, if you look at these forums, might make things very difficult.

With that said,

I’ve got absolutely nothing against this proposition, could even be fun.

Got a visitor task to do just that bounty, sadly, I messed it up and didn’t manage to reproduce the situation described (shouldn’t have summoned that poacher if I wanted to do it with bleeding). However, there’s another interesting observation: those ‘Drakonid Elites’ killed by bleeding at the end of turn are not resummoned by Nefarian (first phase), as they are supposed to, since, as I assume, his end-of-turn check is processed first, with him entering the board before the bleeding is applied… Seems consistent with the discussion about it having taken place here at some point.

Some more of my bug-testing notes… Nothing new in particular when it comes to the issues listed, but I think it’s still important to document them and write it all down, which I haven’t seen here.

• Ysera’s Verdant Breath still bugged.

• Nigtbane Templar has a wording issue similar to Garrosh mentioned above: she heals only friendly characters and not any characters attacked, despite her text.
    https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Mercenaries/Nightbane_Templar
    Makes sense in terms of mechanics, but it is an issue nonetheless (and erroneous descriptions of Brightwing’s abilities have been recognised as a bug before).

• Ol’ Bwonsamdi has some more issues:

1. Playing him causes some purple visual artefact on the left side of the board (a bugged animation).
    2. Bouncing back characters in PvE results in some cards being displayed in the opponents hand, even when it doesn’t make sense.
    3. Unlike other end-of-turn effects, the Deal of Fear seems to take precedence over Twilight Elder’s cursing, which doesn’t happen in this case.

[UPD] The ‘Murloc Scrabble’ treasure has the following text: ‘After a friendly Merc gains Taunt or Divine Shield, give them +3/+3.’ , stats depending on level. However, it also buffs minions, such as Kazakus’s taunt golems, which are not mercs.

[UPD 2] Another old one: the description of Stormpike Defender’s ‘Get Down!’ is wrong: it protects and gets the buff from a (selected) friendly character, other than the Defender herself, not all of them.

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Mercenaries/Stormpike_Defender#Get_Down!

Another update: