Hearthstone Mercenaries Bug Compilation - 25.4

Queen azshara bounty -- freeze attack still bugged — the complex of bugs plaguing the Azshara bounty is very old, however, they apparently still persist, as evident in a recent video by one ‘Old Guardian’:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1HReKpc9E&t=515s
At least one can see that the thing with freezing is still bugged (namely, characters who do not act at all still get frozen by her ability), not sure about excessive bleeding or spurious icicles from Balinda’s Lesser Water Elemental.

PS

Also triggers Xalatath twice, by the way, as seen in the video linked above.

Aren’t we repeating ourselves a bit here?

I didn’t want to name every example, but yes you are correct.

I intended to move this from Bwonsamdi’s section to general. Seems I forgot to actually remove it though. Thanks for catching that.

Honestly I don’t even know where to begin with the Azshara bounty. On release it was definitely the most bugged thing in mercenaries to date. I haven’t checked to conclude exactly what has been fixed within it thus far, but I’ll push that one back for now and hope they fix it a bit more by the time I get around to it.

Yes, then there was a ‘fix’ that made things worse: used to be her freezing ability (‘Stay!’) would not work at all, then, after the ‘fix’, it would freeze characters even if they would not have not acted at all (I believe OG even had a separate video [1] about this) — which still persists, according to my most recent report above (the history of the issue is nice and all, but I primarily had the current status in mind, which is probably the most relevant matter here). I think we can consider at least this part confirmed, judging by the footage provided.

The older topic linked above has another reference with a decent description of other problems encountered, namely the inconsistent behaviour of bleed-related abilitites (it’s really hard to put one’s finger on what exactly is happening there… it’s been very strange and inconsistent) and ‘spurious icicles’ from the player’s minions. I’ve not tested this yet (as of 24.6+), although after the patch that was supposed to ‘fix’ the bounty the ‘spurious icicles’ dealing damage were still present. Oh, rereading my old reports, I’ve also noticed another one after that patch — Arcane Orbs on the wrong side of the field.

So, to sum up:

• Azshara’s ‘Stay!’ ability freezes characters which have not acted — still present, as seen in OG’s video

To be tested:

• Bleed-related enemy abilities are inconsistent.
  • Tidemistress’s (Frost) abilities cause spurious ‘icicles’ emanating from the player’s minions and dealing damage to their characters.
  • Arcane Orbs spawned on the wrong side of the board.

Maybe I’ll look into it one of these days — it’s been a while since I payed Azshara a visit… or at least there’s a list of issues to look out for, to begin with, since they have been known already, and at least one of them is still present in the current (or close enough… don’t remember the dates of hotfixes) patch. Maybe you’ll notice something else, but that was at least an attempt to list some of the known problems with that bounty systematically.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Eptx-uvZQ

The arcane orbs thing used to happen because for each friendly character that didn’t act, a copy of the last ability used by an enemy that turn would be used by the unacting character (targeting the players characters if possible). It may be the same bug now. In a lot of cases this just means that you’ll take some extra damage from another targeted attack, but in the case of the arcane orbs, because it was a friendly character using the abiliity, it spawns on your side of the field.

I’ll leave this here:

So, you still need to go to normal if it says ‘Normal’, according to my experience. See also: Mercenaries: Visitor tasks not completed on heroic (25.0) (already linked above).

Confirmed. Heroic still does not count, normal is just now specified for visitors. While I can understand this as a solution, the change in question is rather different from the one that was said to be implemented in the patch notes. This seems similar to the Ysera change in removing the Shadow tag from her Nightmare ability (despite it still scaling from nature speed with no tag).

Encountered another one, where Tess discovered Cold Snap, and it didn’t freeze on deathblow. A common theme? Namely, ‘deathblow’ apparently not triggering on discovered, i.e. those that have this keyword, abilities.

I have personally not had a problem with discovered deathblows. Namely I’ve used Y’Shaarj’s first ability a few times with Tess in PvP. I’ll do some more active tests regarding this when I get the time.

Since the 2 last patches, in Mercenaries (French version) : the visitor tasks don’t display the name of the boss of a bounty anymore, instead of the name of a boss for a bounty, it is written : “bounty n (Normale)”
(FR client on PC)
So, it is impossible to know which boss I should fight for completing the task and I don’t have the time to try them all. 3 or 4 other French people reported the same bug in other posts, one on the French forum which will never be seen by developers (here : https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/fr/hearthstone/t/description-des-primes-des-mercenaires-en-visite-au-feu-de-camp-buggée/5763) and the other one in another post on this forum, here : 25.0 Known Issues - #23 by Autum-11999

Blizzard team, thank you in advance for solving this issue and plenty of kisses for you :heart:

1 Like

Same here (french version, so impossible to know which bounty to perform), thanks for having reported this. Hope this will be fixed in next patch.

1 Like

I’ll take the liberty of linking this here: Wrong music in Mercenaries after opening shop. A small matter, but a bug nonetheless.

After a glance through the updated collection:

Wasn’t this ability essentially creating base copies of mercs, whether documented or not? I don’t remember…

Yes, observed that with the Echo of Medivh. Acolyte of N’Zoth used to do this with those tentacles, but then it got fixed in some patch, by the way (don’t remember which, but I’ve written about it somewhere) — reminds me of this.

PS You’ve still not added some of the issues we discussed and confirmed here (Ysera’s Verdant Breath comes to mind, although I haven’t tested it as per the current patch)… Just a friendly reminder. :slight_smile:

No, the intention of the ability is to copy the arcane damage that Medivh gives your mercs at the end of each turn. Additionally it copies treasures and equipment.

I apologise for that. I haven’t had the time to test some of the more time consuming bugs such as those related to boss fights (kresh, azshara, icehowl). If there’s any you’d specifically like listed let me know and I’ll try to prioritise those.

Yes, but not buffs, for instance, if memory serves (on my way to the boss to test it right now).

No problem at all: as said — a friendly reminder.

I understand. Verdant Breath was confirmed, I think, just not added to the list.

Oh, by the way: do you consider it a bug that Onyxia’s special animation (with her base portrait) disappeared?

Well not buffs because it specifically states that the copies are set to certain stats (12/20 in heroic I believe). It also definitely copies things like Y’shaarj’s damage reduction from the second skill, however did not copy the deathrattle from Bone Games. It’s very inconsistent from other Copy effects.

Ah yes that was a while ago. I thought I added it. I also tested it as of patch 25.0 and it’s not fixed so I’ve added it for sure this time.

I’m not sure if I’d consider it a bug, but since it was without notice and seemingly for no reason I’ll opt to add it. ‘all or nothing’ is still the approach I aim to go for.

While the trail is still fresh…

Damaged, not undamaged.

Alright, if it’s still broken as of 25.0, I’ll test something else first, perhaps.

You’re right. Passive stats buff (from treasures) are applied on top of that, though.

Yep, exactly: we used to have this feature (was that animation from the other Onyxia’s card, by the way? The one that looks like that portrait, namely Onyxia the Broodmother?), then they added another one for the ‘Raid Boss’ version, however, the base portrait (and its golden variation) broke, so likely a bug (regression).

Yep. This is consistent with other copy effects in hearthstone.

Most if not all animations in mercenaries came from an existing card. I do believe Onyxia’s original animation came from her Broodmother variant.

Indeed, there was even a Reddit post (referenced in the topic linked above) specifying the details for some of the less obvious ones… But I digress, sorry.

Thanks for confirming this. By the way, as of the current patch, it is still only the ‘Raid Boss’ portrait that has its special animation.

Tested it now, while also grinding some Chromie’s tasks at the same time — still broken. This one’s not that hard to reproduce: a relatively simple way to do it is to go to an easy bounty (first levels of Heroic Barrens will do), use Cookie to summon those fishes (you can also take Lady Anacondra for convenient HP manipulation, although it’s not strictly necessary) and keep using Finley’s second ability until you discover Fish Feast.

Confirmed. May affect other deathblows and other discovers, but I’ll just add this one for now.

1 Like

Yeah, as said, I think I’ve had an instance with Tess, but this one is the easiest to test, to begin with.

PS What server do you play on? Something like this (as well as some other exotic bugs I’ve seen reported on this forum) is easiest to reproduce with a friendly game in the fighting pit, so if you’re on EU, feel free to add me for these purposes.