Hearthstone Mercenaries Bug Compilation - 25.4

Perhaps I miss read your bwonsamdi bug list. But end of turn or beginning of turn effects persist through the turn if bwonsamdi returns Merc to his bench. Even if that Merc isn’t played.

Eg. Valera, sinestra
Fan of knives and extinction,
Haven’t tested with blinkfox.

This is noted in the general section as it is not exclusive to Bwonsamdi. There are some others which I could probably move to the general section such as discover effects which appear in both the Tess and Finley sections, but for now I’ve been organising them as I discover them.

Having seen how golden or non-golden minions are listed here for Neeru, I’ll add this to the collection:

Added. I haven’t had an opportunity to test some existing once since the new patch as well so if anyone notices that some of these appear fixed, let me know and I’ll test those ones specifically to mark them off.

In the meantime, I’ll take the liberty of linking some of my recent (PS and less recent) bug reports about Mercenaries here — maybe it’s useful for people.

Mercs: some abilities can erroneously target friendlies — need to check if it’s still broken.

There’s also a class of bugs where you can start with 7 characters on the board if there happen to be some extra minions on your side, for instance:

Had a similar problem recently with (Heroic) Thaurissan and Ice Walls. There was space for only two mercs, however, another one got ‘auto-played’.

A couple of old bugs with treasures — haven’t tested these with the recent patch, something to watch out for:

This one is still present and is arguably a UI problem:

1 Like

Thanks. This is quite helpful.

This is a common issue and can either be considered a mistranslation or incorrect programming according to the text of the ability. The problem is that the text which we see on abilities is separate from the programmed behavior of abilities, so sometimes abilities will have possible targets which they should not according to their text, such as Genn’s worgen form second ability, which could attack friendly targets prior to patch 24.6, and some which suggest that they should be able to target friendly units, such as Rattlegore’s second ability along with the ones you’ve mentioned, cannot. I cannot confirm if this occurs for the same abilities in all translations, or only in English.

Mercenaries: Kresh bounty bugs — the first part is fixed as of the current patch, however, the second one still persists. I got to reproduce the issue with ‘Turtle Down’ on the normal version only so far, but… the difficulty probably doesn’t matter much here. I think this time around there were Kresh and only one steward still up, and the latter took damage. So it’s Kresh ‘protecting’ either itself (or what is a proper pronoun for this guy? I think you called Long’xin ‘her’ at some point, but with these dragons it can be dificult to tell whether it’s a boy or a girl :grinning: ) or an invalid target with what should work like Cornelius’s Blessing of Sacrifice. There’s something interesting with the cooldown of that ability, too — I think it should be 1, but starts off cooldown or something like that.

Speaking of translations — they might be even more messed up than the English version, which is the one I play, since the developers probably test it more thoroughly, I assume. Another guy reported issues with the Russian one, for example: [Mercs] Visual issues with abilities . PS Another recent report: Translation Error (I can’t review this one, though).

There have been multiple duplicate reports about the old gods after the ‘Charge’ keyword introduction and the rework of ‘Rush’ minions… However, there’s one particulalry strange issue with the Spawn of N’Zoth: in PvE, it would not attack at all for me when summoned, at least with the ‘Evolving Might’ equipment, however, I’ve seen it work more or less normally in PvP. Has anyone tested it more thoroughly?

PS N'Zoth and charge bug

Confirmed. From testing it appears that the way the equipment works, is that when the minion is summoned, it actually summons the base version, however afterwards it is immediately replaced with a version of the minion that has the deathrattle instead of gaining it as an enchantment, which interrupts the charge target. The evidence for this is that when the minion is summoned, visually it appears without a deathrattle momentarily, before what seems like gaining the deathrattle, however another play sound for the Spawn of N’zoth minion will play, indicating that it’s being transformed into a new summon entirely. It is also not exclusive to PvE. I was not able to get the minion to attack upon being summoned at all while using this equipment.

Queen azshara bounty -- freeze attack still bugged — the complex of bugs plaguing the Azshara bounty is very old, however, they apparently still persist, as evident in a recent video by one ‘Old Guardian’:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1HReKpc9E&t=515s
At least one can see that the thing with freezing is still bugged (namely, characters who do not act at all still get frozen by her ability), not sure about excessive bleeding or spurious icicles from Balinda’s Lesser Water Elemental.

PS

Also triggers Xalatath twice, by the way, as seen in the video linked above.

Aren’t we repeating ourselves a bit here?

I didn’t want to name every example, but yes you are correct.

I intended to move this from Bwonsamdi’s section to general. Seems I forgot to actually remove it though. Thanks for catching that.

Honestly I don’t even know where to begin with the Azshara bounty. On release it was definitely the most bugged thing in mercenaries to date. I haven’t checked to conclude exactly what has been fixed within it thus far, but I’ll push that one back for now and hope they fix it a bit more by the time I get around to it.

Yes, then there was a ‘fix’ that made things worse: used to be her freezing ability (‘Stay!’) would not work at all, then, after the ‘fix’, it would freeze characters even if they would not have not acted at all (I believe OG even had a separate video [1] about this) — which still persists, according to my most recent report above (the history of the issue is nice and all, but I primarily had the current status in mind, which is probably the most relevant matter here). I think we can consider at least this part confirmed, judging by the footage provided.

The older topic linked above has another reference with a decent description of other problems encountered, namely the inconsistent behaviour of bleed-related abilitites (it’s really hard to put one’s finger on what exactly is happening there… it’s been very strange and inconsistent) and ‘spurious icicles’ from the player’s minions. I’ve not tested this yet (as of 24.6+), although after the patch that was supposed to ‘fix’ the bounty the ‘spurious icicles’ dealing damage were still present. Oh, rereading my old reports, I’ve also noticed another one after that patch — Arcane Orbs on the wrong side of the field.

So, to sum up:

• Azshara’s ‘Stay!’ ability freezes characters which have not acted — still present, as seen in OG’s video

To be tested:

• Bleed-related enemy abilities are inconsistent.
  • Tidemistress’s (Frost) abilities cause spurious ‘icicles’ emanating from the player’s minions and dealing damage to their characters.
  • Arcane Orbs spawned on the wrong side of the board.

Maybe I’ll look into it one of these days — it’s been a while since I payed Azshara a visit… or at least there’s a list of issues to look out for, to begin with, since they have been known already, and at least one of them is still present in the current (or close enough… don’t remember the dates of hotfixes) patch. Maybe you’ll notice something else, but that was at least an attempt to list some of the known problems with that bounty systematically.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Eptx-uvZQ

The arcane orbs thing used to happen because for each friendly character that didn’t act, a copy of the last ability used by an enemy that turn would be used by the unacting character (targeting the players characters if possible). It may be the same bug now. In a lot of cases this just means that you’ll take some extra damage from another targeted attack, but in the case of the arcane orbs, because it was a friendly character using the abiliity, it spawns on your side of the field.

I’ll leave this here:

So, you still need to go to normal if it says ‘Normal’, according to my experience. See also: Mercenaries: Visitor tasks not completed on heroic (25.0) (already linked above).

Confirmed. Heroic still does not count, normal is just now specified for visitors. While I can understand this as a solution, the change in question is rather different from the one that was said to be implemented in the patch notes. This seems similar to the Ysera change in removing the Shadow tag from her Nightmare ability (despite it still scaling from nature speed with no tag).

Encountered another one, where Tess discovered Cold Snap, and it didn’t freeze on deathblow. A common theme? Namely, ‘deathblow’ apparently not triggering on discovered, i.e. those that have this keyword, abilities.

I have personally not had a problem with discovered deathblows. Namely I’ve used Y’Shaarj’s first ability a few times with Tess in PvP. I’ll do some more active tests regarding this when I get the time.

Since the 2 last patches, in Mercenaries (French version) : the visitor tasks don’t display the name of the boss of a bounty anymore, instead of the name of a boss for a bounty, it is written : “bounty n (Normale)”
(FR client on PC)
So, it is impossible to know which boss I should fight for completing the task and I don’t have the time to try them all. 3 or 4 other French people reported the same bug in other posts, one on the French forum which will never be seen by developers (here : https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/fr/hearthstone/t/description-des-primes-des-mercenaires-en-visite-au-feu-de-camp-buggée/5763) and the other one in another post on this forum, here : 25.0 Known Issues - #23 by Autum-11999

Blizzard team, thank you in advance for solving this issue and plenty of kisses for you :heart:

1 Like