Hearthstone has zero direction

Game designers of Hearthstone seem to have no idea what they want to do with this game anymore.

The game is going in 10 different directions. Half-assed adventures no one plays. Modes that make no sense. The fact you can’t balance wild without affecting standard.

Even the monetization is all over the place. The stuff you try to peddle in Hearthstone is all over the map. Preorders, card packs, aventures, arena tickets, ‘Duel’ mode, BG pass you can buy, etc.

8 Likes

The direction is your wallet, they want it open.

10 Likes

It’s not working on me. I feel like this customer in a shop who goes to the cashier with one item, and she wants to sell me 10 other things I didn’t ask for, tries to convince me to embrace the shop’s loyalty card…all the while thinking to myself…I am never ever setting foot in this store again…all I wanted is a damn christmas card.

4 Likes

Hearthstone has been concise & formulaic for years. Only recently have they been trying different things, since there’s lots of ways you can take a card game, after all. It’s good to reign-in modes & features, but “throwing darts 'til something sticks” has merit too. I like that they’re experimenting.

3 Likes

This sums it up so well. I’m not even against spending money on games I like but I will never again put another cent into HS. Their monetization is so aggressive and over costed that I won’t purchase out of principal alone.

3 Likes

I just finished a game where my rogue opponent had 7 damage on the board at turn 1, I suppose it’s my own fault for returning early from my 2 week break.

I’ve not paid any money into HS for years and I have no intention of doing so until they give Warlocks some love.

Thats what is annoying about this game. Only a handful of classes are ever viable at a time. Shaman is my main I hardly play any other classes and Shaman is generally pretty bad unless we get a broken deck that is nerfed to oblivion later. Activision sucks at actual game design but are masters at manipulation and monetization. Scummy businessman game now.

3 Likes

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/en

1 Like

Dammn, you nailed it. Today I opened up my Steam, looking for some games in the store, and I saw EA Play is on Steam. EA on Steam??? 25€/year(3x less than HS expansion), and there are quite a few games I would like to play. I didn’t even imagine I would say this, but EA is less greedy than Activision-Blizzard.

Now there’s a laugh riot…

5 Likes

Me to.I rather trow away than give to hs.

Hearthstone would be what a full priced EA game looks like. And classes would be behind huge paywalls. Don’t expect a free to play game to be too good.

Blizzard publish the games and squeeze the developers’ blood to hell. They are getting paid very little while the CEO is enjoying his bubble bath in a million dollar apartment on the 20th floor. Hearthstone has a direction, it does. It’s just not fun to watch 10 YouTube tutorials on how to farm Gold and stuff before you can play properly. And EA is more greedy, they charge full priced games like how Blizzard charges Hearthstone.

strong agree Dev also start lie to us like they say no more RNG next expation one feature cards has a 5% odd to force both players beat victory in (normally 50-50 if both at 30 HP) game of fireball toss

(odd are it not be 50-50 on who lose because late game because someone normally low health and it likely not guy who play 10 spells)

The developers said less card generation. RNG will always exist.

1 Like

That was perfect. It actually made me burst out laughing. :+1: