Hearthstone doesnt even show up in the amazon appstore

amazon fire hd 8 (7th generation) running latest os v5.6.7.0
I had a previous version on hearthstone installed. when i open it it says it needs to update and it will open the store. when it goes to the store it just has a button to open and not update and it just repeats the same loop. Ive uninstalled it figuring i would just redownload the new version which it lists as the current version number but it redownloads the old version from my cloud i guess? now ive deleted it from my cloud and the tablet and searching for it in the amazon appstore there is no version of the client not even an old one. hearthstone isnt on the appstore at all. I tried to go to bluestacks through the amazon store as well and its the same thing. no hearthstone client on there to download. Im obviously trying to use my amazon coins to preorder the new set which is supported by amazon so Im not sure why the game isnt there to download.

3 Likes

I have the exact same problem, did the exact same thing, and after deleting it from my could i discovered i couldn’t find it on the appstore either. Using the download button from hearthstone’s page i was able to get it re-downloaded, but that only resulted in the same problematic loop starting all over again…

i was just on chat with amazon for like an hour they are basically trying to sell me that the app is incompatible with all of my devices the HD8 and HD 7 and through bluestacks as well apparently. That is their only take on it and I asked specifically what devices it was compatible with and he sent me to the link again which i said doesnt state a list of compatibile amazon devices only that it needs android os 5 or higher which all of the devices in question have. I asked him again to tell me which devices specifically and he could not I even referenced the comments on the app saying the same problems and that this has been a problem for some time now and all he said was that he would pass it on to the team. apparently there is a new version of the hd8 that just came out last month with updated hardware I cant imagine that that is the only piece of hardware they have that will play the game they are advertising to sell coins but maybe they are forcing upgrades im not sure exactly. there still isnt an actual solution here.

1 Like

I went to update it on my Amazon Fire 8 HD (7th gen) tablet and I’m stuck in the same update loop. I’m also on the latest Fire OS 5.6.7.0. I goo to run the game, it says “Let’s go to the store to start the download.” with 0.0 B remaining above the empty progress bar. Then the app store just says “open” not update. Under details the Latest Developer Update was yesterday November 12, 2020. But nothing updates.

Tried clearing all the data and the cache and even a force stop, no effect. Going to restart the tablet next but not optimistic. Luckily I did not use coins this go around or I would be very concerned.

1 Like

Has Blizz commented anywhere on this yet?

ok I was able to get it done by deleteing my bluestacks and reinstalling then reinstalling the amazon appstore on there and then the hearthstone link. it then went through the update process and allowed me to login and i used my coins for the preorder so it can be done that way but there is still no answer to why it doesnt work on the actual amazon devices.

1 Like

I wish I had not used Amazon Coins this time. Blizzard does realize that their customers will end up spending their coins on other stuff and not on the game right???

Steveram, is there any place you could direct us on how to use bluestacks to repeat what you did? I tried googling but all the directions I found where not super clear.

Fyi, I’m having the same infinite loop problem on my Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th generation)

Any word on how to fix this? I followed their proposed steps by uninstalling it and now I can’t even get it to appear in the AppStore. Did Blizzard create an app that is not compatible with Amazon Tablets and basically abandon their Amazon Coin customers?

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this. General troubleshooting for this should include:

1. Restart device
  2. Check device settings to ensure date/time are set to sync automatically with the internet
  3. Reinstall the game

If this does not work please let us know, and include the device model and operating system info so we can track these cases.

Thank you again for reaching out. Cheers!

I tried these steps and they did not work. Still in an infinite loop. From what others have said on this thread, it looks like others tried this as well and it’s not working. I’m on a Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th generation).

Fyi, if anybody else if facing this issue, Blizzard support just let me know that they are aware of the issue and working on it. But no ETA. For now, the game will not work on Kindle and if you want to play, you have to use a different device.

Personally, I wish they would publicly state this in the forums so folks know what is going on. Really a shame that us Kindle owners can’t play.

Hey all,

It looks like the system requirements we provide to the Samsung and Amazon appstore got updated a bit earlier than we originally planned. Any device under 2GB ram will no longer be able to download the game through those platforms.

The system requirements for IOS/Google Play have not been changed. If the tablet/phone offers Google Play as an alternative this may provide a workaround.

I do hope this info helps clear up what’s happening and apologize that we didn’t have any proactive messaging on this. Thank you again for reaching out to us and for your patience on these matters.