Hearthstone Deck Tracker allowed or not? We (some of us atleast :P) want answers

I have been trying to find an official answer from Blizzard for this but I can’t find one. Blizzards communication to the community on the matter seem to be pretty much non-existent. Also tried to find some information on hsreplay but with no succes (was hoping form some kind of Q&A touching on the matter there).

It seems to me that both Hearthstone Deck Tracker and Blizzard are avoiding (or atleast simply refuse to answer it) this question for some reason as none of them have made an official statement on if Hearthstone Deck Tracker is allowed to use or not, wich I find strange seeing that there are tons and tons of people seeking an answer to this.

The only information on this I have been able to find is:

1. Alot of people claiming to be wrongfully banned while swearing they have only used Hearthstone Deck Tracker and nothing else.
  2. People who says streamers are using it and therefor it must be allowed.

As long as I don’t find an official answer (or atleast an answer I feel satisfied with) on this matter, I wont be using Hearthstone Deck Tracker. Im sure there are many others out there like me, chosing not to use it as long as there are no official statement on the matter.

Because of this I think Blizzard and Hearthstone Deck Tracker owe us an answer that clearly states their view on this. Not an “as long as you can do the same thing with pen and paper” kind of answer because that isn’t clear in any way or form! The reason I say this is that even thought you theoretically could keep track of all the things Hearthstone Deck Tracker keeps track of, it wouldn’t be something you could do in reality:

1: Deck Tracking - Never second guess which cards are still in your deck.

2: Oponent Card tracking - Track what cards your opponent has revealed so far.

3: Oponent Hand Tracking - See what turns your opponent drew each of their cards.

4: Secret Helper - Keep track of which secrets your opponent might have in play.

5: Fatigue - Know how much fatigue damage will be taken on the next draw.

6: Turn Timer - See how much time is left in your turn to make the best decision.

I would be greatly impressed if I saw someone keeping track of all of the above with pen and paper (or memory) with the same accuracy as Hearthstone Deck Tracker is able to while at the same time playing the game (and no, keeping track of all the above through memory alone, with the same accuracy as Hearthstone Deck Tracker isn’t possible). Most of the above (apart from Turn Timer) could be kept track of if there was no timer running for each turn. There simply wouldn’t be enough time to keep track of all of the above with pen and paper while at the same time playing the game.

This means that Hearthstone Deck Tracker is kind of in a grey zone imo , and thats why I think it’s so important to have this answered. Some people like myself are not gonna use it until I/we see an official answer while others are. This also makes the game kind of unfair towards the ones who doesn’t want to risk a ban (F.e It would be devastating for me to lose my account as not only do I play HS but also WoW (12 year old account) and SC2). This at the same time as others are using it (not judging, I would use it too if I were 100% sure it’s allowed) and this creates a huge advantage for the ones using it against people who are not using it.

Considering all the above, I think you (Blizzard) owe your playerbase an clear answer on this. Is it allowed, with no risk being banned because of it, to use Hearthstone Deck Tracker? Simple answer, yes , it is allowed to use Hearthstone Deck tracker or no , it’s not allowed to use Hearthstone Deck Tracker.

This is the wrong place to ask this question. Notwithstanding the fact that HDT is very clearly allowed, the official HS forums are (unfortunately) not where you should go if you’re looking explicitly for developer feedback. If you want that, you need to go to Blizzard’s Hearthstone Reddit page.