Hearthstone pauses background audio on mobile

Glad I’m not an isolated case. Really hope this gets some traction and gets fixed.

1 Like

Just sent in a complaint too and came here hoping someone else has noticed this issue. I can’t feel my hype without my music

2 Likes

I am also having this issue

1 Like

New updated caused mobile game to be glitched… Ive played this game since release day and never seen these two issues.

1. Cant start a regularly ranked ladder game I get the error “there was an error starting your game, please wait a few minutes and try again”. I have waited hours, nothing same error.

2. Also, I cant play music (pandora) in the background anymore, as soon as app is opened it cuts sound off always have been able to prior for last 8 years or however long.

Blizzard please fix this!!

1 Like

Just replying to keep this issue at the top of the forum. Seems like update has a bad interaction with the (i)OS which is disabling background sound (for me I noticed it on podcasts).

1 Like

For those who are not aware:

2 Likes

That is BS. We have to wait for the next patch? I pay for YT Premium specifically so I can run it in the background on my phone.

1 Like

I agree. Blizzard should be liable for this as we pay other apps for their services and they don’t screw us over by not being able to use Hearthstone. I pay for Spotify premium specifically to play Hearthstone and listen at the SAME time

1 Like

I’ve played this game from beta… fix this or I’m out.

1 Like

I’m glad to see its not just my phone. Just keep replying so this thread doesn’t close. I would also like to go on record that this whole “Just ask your fellow users for technical support” model blows.

I would also like to go on record that I would rather have my game crash periodically then to remove background audio. This is not a solution, its just shifting the dysfunctionality of your programming.

2 Likes

Just adding my voice to the chorus on this. I like listening to music while I play Hearthstone on my phone. They need to fix this as soon as they can

1 Like

I never had any issues with crashing!

I’m thinking maybe the new patch would have caused crashes if they hadn’t disabled the sound from other apps, not that it was already crashing before the patch, but I could be wrong

I play lullabies for my kids while I rock them and play. If I have to choose between getting my kids to sleep and the game, the priority is pretty obvious.

Was going to post the same thing. I can deal with all the very clear problems with the game but interrupt my podcast / music and I’m just going to stop opening the app.

1 Like

Replying to keep this high on the list, I always listen to Spotify while I play and I haven’t been playing because of this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Glad / annoying to see im not the only one with this issue. Fairly bs response from Blizzard. Hope the fix is soon as i wont be playing much with out it happening.

Keeping this thread alive till the issue is fixed. Important to make sure people don’t think it’s their fault/phone

Can we talk about how hard it is to get support from Blizzard? I shouldn’t have to creep forums to find out a simple answer. Anyways, i wont be playing until its fixed. I almost uninstalled the game thinking it was just blizzard being petty.