Has blizzard even acknowledged the issues on IOs

I’ve checked the hearthstone subreddit and Blizzardscsa twitter account and so far nothing has been posted on them. I’ve probably made 4 threads about this issue now and if it’s not fixed soon I’m just gonna quit playing. A simple “We’re aware of them problem” would be fine

I tweeted this 4h ago with no response yet:
@ BlizzardCS Please indicate that you are aware of and working on the Hearthstone crashes in iOS. Check your Tech Support forums: this is widespread. Users leaving Hearthstone.

1 Like

I wish more people from those threads would come here directly, and maybe even bump this thread. Its insane to me the fact that Blizzard continues to ignore this thread, yet an Andriod issue last night they clearly have a solution for has 2 Blues responding within minutes. I want to support this game, and have always gotten the Hero Pre-purchase/Pre-purchase for each expan since i started playing, and hundreds more on bundles and regular packs. I doubt im the only whale primarily IPhone user that exists, and i feel like this ignoring of the problem is going to be a last straw for most, and i certainly cant justify getting my $80 pre-purchase with my cilent of choice being broken, with not even an acknowledgment of the issue nor a promise of fixing.

Yes we are aware of the issue and looking into it. The main thread for this is on the Mac forums where we’re requesting additional info.

I saw that thread a couple days ago. It hasn’t changed much other than people reporting in the same types of crashes.

Oh a blue one. When it’s about the money they can respond.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.