Had Enough. Am done

I have been playing the Dalaran Heist with way too much time trying to beat it and get anywhere. I have the first chapter done.

I get to the next to last boss then lose. Everytime. It would not be so bad except the reward for spending that time is nil. (A new deck opens?!). That is the reward for 4 hours of playing down the drain?!! It makes me not want to play at all!!

I am sorry guys but in my opinion this is one of the worst solo adventures you, meaning Blizzard, has put out.

Tonight, I played Chapter Two and ended up with the last two games having points over 100, got excited, won really good, then crushed by the last boss. Its the same thing every time I play.

It makes me not want to play. Horrible. Horrible expansion. Shame on you. Reading around I am not the only one who feels that way.

2 Likes

Card drafts? Treasures? Heros? Anomaly?

If you are trying to maximize the health of your hero, you are leaving a lot of damage off the board. Try playing a bit more aggressively.

I always have the best luck when I can take anything that reduces my mana cost and beyond that buff my minions.

Most people love the robes of gaudiness but I prefer scepter of summoning

If something isnt working, like focusing on getting your health to 100, perhaps try something new? There are treasures that lower the mana cost of your cardsā€¦ can never go wrong with thoseā€¦

Your first problem is that youā€™re trying to get your health to 100. This is only possible through a specific treasure and that treasure is BAD.

Then you should really learn how to play, dont blame blizzard cuz you have no idea how to beat the adventure. i took down the normal DH from the first try and it took me like 2 or 3 tries on every Heroic page but its super easy if you know what yo uare doingā€¦

you got lucky with treasures. if you donā€™t get the perfect combination, you are doomed from the start. you can only use the ā€œskillā€ of picking between three good treasures if you are presented with three good treasures.

so even if you get the ā€œminions that cost 5 or more cost 5ā€, it is only good if the game then presents you buckets of big dudes.

yes, there is skill involved, but there is waaaaay more luck.

1 Like

This is sometimes true on Heroic (though I beat chapters 1, 2 and 3 Heroic with suboptimal treasures) but all 5 parts on normal are absolute cakewalks

I can only make assumptions here since Iā€™ve not done the heist myself but it seems you are picking the wrong tools for the job. Pick better passives and card packages. Get some synergy going. Having 100hp means nothing if you are playing an honest game of hearthstone in a mode that encourages breaking the game via over powered mechanics.

I did it after the second run and I am not trying to boast.

I canā€™t even be bothered in it to try over daily quests, but it was a lot easier than any of the other solo content.

Yes you can get bad draws, but if I did it in 2 tries that indicates that 50% of the time you donā€™t, although the data sample is poor.

What makes me not want to play and what is horrible is that it is a cut and paste of the other runs and they had the gall to make out it was something special.

Had enough, Iā€™m done because I canā€™t keep repeating the same old hackneyed content with some glitter sprinkled on it.

1 Like

If you mean Potion of Vitalityā€¦you are quite wrong. Health is a resource, it allows you to bide time to get the cards/combos you need, or even that one card you need, it allows you to outlast some bosses tooā€¦donā€™t so easily discredit that Treasure, itā€™s saves me quite a few times.

On Normal itā€™s fine, on Normal everything is fine. On Heroic itā€™s awful. You need to be overpowered on Heroic, not just fair. Potion of Vitality is too fair. Extra health does not improve your curve or your plays. Good treasures do.

i have beaten the dalaran heist up through heroic chapter 4.

Chapter 5 heroic is nearly unplayable. yes, there are those folks who say ā€œit was ez mode. I just picked XYZā€¦ā€ in the course of probability, your run was ez mode because you were offered the combination that could actually win.

having done some homework on chapter 5 heroic, i ditched games until I got the ā€œreduce spells by 2 manaā€ anomaly. I picked paladin. I was off to the races with the OTK sound of the bells strategy.

I picked coldlight oracles and duplicated them. I had stealth for my minions. I had double health. I picked two ragnoros lightbringners for healing. I had the ā€œkill dudes and donā€™t take dmgā€ weapon. I had the candles (multi twin spell with 3 aoe dmg).

I beat everything up to the last boss including the time I drew the Bells as my literal last card. The time that I had to play around 3 mage secrets. The time the Bells had zero mana sitting right next to the ā€œOOMBAā€ (blow everything up) card and I had to cast the Bells about 60 times and not accidentally trigger the oomba.

I beat everything up to Khadgar.

then I faced Khadgar.

He cleared my stealthed minions nearly every turn. I missed killing one of his 2/3 elementals that duplicate his spells. I did not draw any board clears. I drew one of my 6 (6!!!) coldlight oracles to allow me to draw more cards. I drew neither of my Bells cards ( Ipicked up asecond one in case I had a problem). Did I mention that he cleared my stealthed (Stealthed!) minions almost every turn?

And then I lost.

This run (after many hours of trying other decks) has me so tilted and salty about this game.

When you build the nuts deck and the game still finds a way to beat you, and then you have to start all over, well, it clearly isnā€™t really a skill based game. and in this heroic (I think have beaten all other heroic pve content), it is just stupid.

i am sure that there will be those who read this and their response is ā€œget goodā€. I would love to see the statistics on win rates in the Heist altogether but specifically in the heroics. How many times has heroic chapter 5 been beaten relative to how many times it has been attempted.

when my son asked me after this run and I am yelling at my computer, ā€œWhat will you do with the three hours a day you play the game?ā€ I started to think that I sure could do a lot of things with that times.

1 Like

Reroll spam for Robes and pick big minions. Only way Iā€™ve seen so far that makes part 5 reasonable (this is also how I did it, Big Warrior. It was really easy)

Sucks that this is about the only way to do it though, I agree

@loco1234 you were correct. i got both the robes of guadiness and togwaggles dice AND the golden candle. I picked all the big stuff I could. I actually got the dice first and hoped for the best. the golden candle was super helpful in the last two mage bosses because once you gain control of the board, the golden candle lets you wipe out all of their deckā€™s spells. then you just outvalue them with two big boys each turn.

I picked warrior with bombs.

BOOM!

Havenā€™t won that many dungeon/monster hunts with the health buff. Itā€™s useful at times, but largely ā€˜mehā€™ in general because if you fall behind significantly recovery is generally futile. The best approach is a tempo tactic and for Mean Streets (I think) knowing exactly what the bosses do. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™ve won a few here and there because of the health buff and I think even Kripp beat some final bosses with the health buff, but itā€™s not that great.

Point beingā€¦ health is a resourceā€¦ and itā€™s useful in some cases (like warlocks tapping or characters with weapons/face damage). If you canā€™t utilize thatā€¦ youā€™re generally limiting yourself unless your deck archetype is very specific. Itā€™s not a terrible selection, but IMO a very specific one that can trap a lot of players based on your deck/character selection.

Itā€™s ok to not beat the single player stuff. I never beat the Witchwood or Catacombs single player. My enjoyment of Hearthstone was not really diminished in any way.

Donā€™t play the parts of the game you donā€™t enjoy. If you donā€™t like Heist donā€™t play it. Play the stuff you like playing.

Thatā€™s never really a good response to criticism.

Like, if Blizzard says ā€œThis is what we want the game to be, weā€™re not changing it.ā€, I think Iā€™d respect that, and yeah, probably just not give them any more of my money.

But when something I used to enjoy has turned into something I donā€™t, and I can see the reasons why, I criticize, the hope being that the developers will listen, and ā€œimproveā€ the product (in quote here, because this is a subjective context).