Guff Runetotem book Help?

Hey, all! I was just going through Guff’s BoM to get the pack and I’m finally having trouble with an encounter in one of these books! The specific encounter is Lady Anacondra. Is there anyone who’s somehow finished already and can help? Thanks!

EDIT: So, I finished Anacondra… now I’m stuck on Mutanus. Any help would be appreciated!

As much as I’d want to help, it’s mostly luck, unfortunately… Survive and destroy its poisonous minion until Lady Anacondra has very few cards in her hands. By that time you should have enough mana to cast Survival of the Fittest on a populated deck and deal lethal damage. Here’s my replay in case it helps :

hsreplay. net/replay/jG9SJC7QoGy8eLCuzUrvXn

1 Like

I finished the book just now. Turns out, you just need to draw Alignment early against Mutanus and Anacondra just took a few tries. I will say, though, Naralex felt much more climactic than he actually is for some reason. Thanks for trying to help!

1 Like

Used Brakan hero power for some extra poke damage. Got 10 Mana as quickly as I could and used survival of the fittest with Samuro to clear her board. Was easy peasy after that. GL =)

1 Like

Naralect really depends on the draws.

First battle, Naralect got Stealer of Souls out turn 2 so I was unable to deal with it (Bru’kan died from his Hero Power). Next turn he used Soularium, and brought out a 2nd Stealer of Souls for insurance. Everything went downhill from there. I also never drew Rokara or Dawngrasp that battle.

Second battle, he didn’t have a BS draw and I got all 4 special minions one after another. That changed everything.

Anacondra: Take advantage of the fact that most of her minions do small face damage, and your hero can gain lots of armor. This gives you breathing room to set up a board of stealth minions with high damage (from Survival of the Fittest). Don’t sacrifice your minions to poison unless absolutely necessary. Varden’s hero power may help control the poison minions, but I personally prefer Tamsin.

Mutanus: I think the only realistic way to beat this boss is by using Celestial Alignment to out-tempo him. I chose Tamsin as my hero power to help with that.

I managed to draw it on like turn 7 (I think) with a 3-cost Nourish (Tamsin), then lightning bloom+Tamsin to make it cost 4 and play it, then I used my other Nourish and just closed out the game. Not too hard if you get lucky enough!

yea f that get lucky enough there should be some strategy to it not luck i retired that tauren hes deck is useless against Anacondra so nah he will be the only uncompleted one for me i guess.