Greatsword of the Ebon Blade "play" vs "summon"

Greatsword of the Ebon Blade triggers on any summon, not just playing minions. My oponnent’s minion kept coming back with reborn…

1 Like

This sounds like a weird bug. But I have not seen it reported before, so it has to be very uncommon, and probably related to a very specific combination of cards and minions in play. Otherwise there would have been more reports.

In order to find the exact cause of this, Blizzard will need to know as much as possible about the exact board and game state when this happened. The ideal way for this is to provide a link to a replay, if you play with an add-on that records games. If not, then second best would be the deck code of the deck you played plus either a video recording of your game, or a set of screenshots taken after the issue occurred. Make sure that one screenshot shows the entire board and your hand, and that the other screenshots show the screen while you highlight each of the icons in the history bar.

If you cannot provide either of these, then an as complete as possible written description might help. But these often turn out less useful because the human brain is bad at remembering all details.

The duels run is over and I didn’t record anything. I was playing a spell hunter deck with the questline. I had one minion on the board & my opponent had nothing. They played Greatsword of the Ebon Blade then Brittleskin Zombie and passed the turn. I killed the zombie with a spell, it came back & Ebon Blade gave it reborn, another spell & running 2 minions into it, each time it came back.

Actually, this has been the case since the Scarlet hero was released and is absolutely not specific - contrary to its card text, Greatsword of the Ebon Blade always gives reborn to summoned rather than played minions.

Not sure why it’s not reported more though, especially since several high-performed Scarlet duels lists are specifically build around abusing this in the first matches of the run.

2 Likes

Nope, it triggers every time I see the card used.

This bug is driving me crazy in Duels. It’s not specific or hard to reproduce; the sword simply operates on summon rather than play, making it absolutely broken since it gives reborn, which causes a resummon. I’m regularly running into people exploiting it more and more now. I don’t have a video but here’s the code for an hsreplay recording where I recently lost to it, if that helps: BCaMxgyn2zJ4Yc5H4japW5

I noticed this bug this morning and got wrecked by it when the trigger from the Greatsword kept getting cast on Sanctum Spellbender. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I’ll also post my game from HSReplay.

LGSxoDQnWAyp9bqBiFB6BR