Good standard deck for trial by felfire challenge

I want to complete this one for achievements then all the solo content achievements is done and similar to when it was released you can only use a standard deck and i was wondering what the best deck would be to complete all 9 ?

It’s been a few years since I completed the mode. Back in the day, Resurrect Priest was a great deck to handle most of the bosses. If it’s restricted to Standard Cards only, I’m not sure how viable that deck would be any more, or how current some of the guides on YouTube might be with the content being a bit older.

My best advice would be to create decks that Counter/Benefit From or/Take the Least Punishment from whatever hero power the specific boss you are fighting is.

Definitely check for some guides on YouTube and Filter by the most recently uploaded videos to see deck compositions that most closely resemble the cards you are allowed to or restricted from using.

-Valas

1 Like

I beat most of the bosses with big druid.

you mean ramp druid cool thanks.

Hi there,

Any cheap decks for these?

A few words about myself and my collection: I’d played since open beta, quit after Un’Goro’s launch, returned roughly a year and a half ago, not really playing any Standard or such (I’ve mostly played Classic, Mercenaries and some other solo content or occasional Tavern Brawls), so I mostly have older cards (up to Gadgetzan) or a few of the more recent ones.

With the temporary addition of KoFT to the Core set, I’ve used that chance and did the Lich King missions, mostly using guides, since I’ve no interest in this kind of Wild deckbuilding at all, neither in terms of learning nor acquiring those cards. A lot of those decks were actually cheap and effective, by the way.

I wonder if it could be done for Trial by Felfire challenges, too. These still require a Standard deck, as far as I understand, and older cards are of no use anyway… So what about Core or budget options?

Hi il see what i can come up with but im gona need some time and to test it probably.

So basically i can only use the core cards ?

Hi, thank you!

I think using commons and rares is OK — I’ve got a lot of them, although not all, and even crafting a few shouldn’t be a problem. Epics and legendaries are tougher… I think I’ve got that ‘Abyssal Assault’ demon hunter’s deck and the cards it includes, a few others (I didn’t even realise I’ve got the priest quest :grinning: Used to have Wildheart Guff, but disenchanted him for the refund), but probably not that many to make a deck fit for constructed. So, it should preferably be decks from mostly Core and cheap cards, i.e. budget decks. Since the Core set now is, apparently, as big as ever, this would probably be the chance to try it, although I’m not very familiar with these cards.

PS The (craftable) Standard legendaries I’ve got are: Lady S’Theno, Kurtrus Ashfallen, Kurtrus, Demon-Render, Death Speaker Blackthorn, Xhilag of the Abyss, Plaguemaw the Rotting, Beaststalker Tavish, Commander Sivara, Grand Magus Antonidas, Kel’Thuzad the Inevitable, Cannonmaster Smythe, Highlord Fordragon, Seek Guidance, Xyrella, Crabatoa, Pirate Admiral Hooktusk, Baroness Vashj, The Stonewrigt, Neeru Fireblade, Za’qul, Captain Galvangar, Murloc Holmes, Queen Aszhara, Mr. Smite. Apart from that, some epics and 3000 dust to spare, which I might as well use.

1 Like

I dont play dh and warlock but i think we can make a mage deck or possible a druid deck i did it with mage i think because hero power mage can armor and clear wide boards.
What mage and druid cards do you have.

Edit when you say craftable cards what do u mean you dont have them but can make them?

1 Like

Hi here is my battletag please add me its gona be easier to talk about budget decks but once we are done we can post it here :slight_smile:

Here it is #Aerthis21325

Remembe to make sure you have one empty slot when you add me ill post a druid and a mage deck tomorow ok if you havent added me yet.

1 Like

Hi i tried to limit rares let me know how this goes and add me too.
If you have Magister Dawngrasp you can add her.
Laddy nasher is from the minise but you can cut her and put in another snowblind harpie.
I didnt not put in the ping mage legendary but you can craft it but first try this deck i dont want you waste dust il work on another deck in the meanwhile il also try and find videos on this
The idea with this deck is to generate armour and build your hero power and have jaina as ur finisher with endless lifesteal minions and some boardclear.
Rune of the archmage is too comeback when you have fallen behind idk if you want to add drakefire amulet.
Arcane overflw can be kept with shivering sorceres and with coin can be played on turn 3 the idea is to remove a low hp minion and to develop a threat early.

Ps soryy for the late reply with this list.

Before you make it pleae check if you want to or can its missing alot of legendaries but feel free to add magister dawngrasph and mordresh.

Lastly some bosses are harder then others even with this deck and if so maybe try and change to a different anyway please add me so we can chat some more :slight_smile:

Ping Mage

Class: Mage

Format: Standard

Year of the Hydra

2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)

2x (1) First Flame

2x (1) Shivering Sorceress

2x (1) Wildfire

2x (2) Arcanologist

2x (2) Frozen Touch

2x (2) Runed Orb

2x (2) Solid Alibi

1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

1x (3) Prince Renathal

1x (3) Snowblind Harpy

2x (4) Cold Case

2x (4) Deepwater Evoker

2x (4) Fire Sale

2x (4) Multicaster

2x (4) Reckless Apprentice

2x (4) School Teacher

2x (5) Arcane Overflow

1x (5) Lady Naz’jar

1x (6) Blizzard

2x (6) Deathborne

1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina

2x (9) Rune of the Archmage

AAECAf0EBpiOBNiyBPHTBJjUBJfvBNjrBRHU6gPQ7APT7APW7AOn9wOu9wOTgQSUgQSogQSfkgTGoAT7ogSWtwTK3gTb3gT67ASCkwUA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you!

Some quick replies for now, I’ll look into more details a bit later.

I mean Standard cards that actually cost dust and are collected from packs, crafted or something like this — not those obtained as rewards or something like it, e.g. Vanndar (Diamond), Lokholar and such, which are uncraftable.

No problem. What server do you play on, btw (I’m on EU)? I dunno if it’s possible to chat across servers…

:grinning: I think it’s ‘them’ — that’s how it’s considered correct to call them (yes, it refers to a single person — but it’s so-called ‘gender-neutral language’), at least that’s how they address Dawngrasp in the game.

No problem whatsoever, it’s not that urgent, and I usually don’t — and can’t — play the game around the clock. :grinning: Thank you so much!

One more thing: could you please use ‘Preformatted text’ and possibly even ‘Hide Details’ (via that cog icon) for deck lists? It’ll look so much nicer on the forum.

Example decklist (click to expand)
### Free Medivh!
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Healing
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Holy Light
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Amber Watcher
# 2x (5) Antique Healbot
# 2x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 2x (5) Solemn Vigil
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Guardian of Kings
# 2x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 
AAEBAZzhAwa5DeCsAqiKBO2fBJjUBJfvBBGjAtIErAiBDvUP4hGKrgKY6gPM6wOcnwSdnwTsnwTunwSS1ASd1ASh1ASQpAUA
# 
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

PS As for the decklist you posted, I’m missing both Wildfires (might have disenchanted some when there was a refund), one Solid Alibi, both Runes of the Archmage, Lady Naz’jar (I could probably replace her with something) and a few Rares, but nothing too hard to obtain.

Oh, there’s quite many, how do I list them? Maybe it’s easier to list those I don’t own?
On the other hand, I’ve already listed the craftable Legendaries I’ve got, maybe I’ll take a look into Druid and Mage Epics…

How to use preformatted dec list

I’ll answer this here, in case it’s useful for someone else. You can select the text and press the ‘Preformatted text’ button on the panel above the text box (looks like this: </>) or Ctrl+E. It’s also possible to use indentation (four spaces, I think) or the symbols `` around the text you wish to format this way. By the way, it also allows one to post links even when otherwise the forum would not allow it, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/c/OldGuardian/videos.

1 Like

Alright, used this for six out of nine challenges:

Cheap/Core deck
### Custom Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Breath of Sindragosa
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Ice Walker
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 2x (3) Oasis Ally
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
# 1x (10) Lokholar the Ice Lord
# 
AAECAf0EBKiKBKqgBO+kBNjrBQ3Q7APB8AOhkgT8ngT9ngTonwTGoASWtwSf1ATb3gSh6wWi6wXn6wUA
# 
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Replaced small elementals with weapon removals against Shahraz. Stopped at Vashj, which seems difficult… Any feedback on how it could be improved?

For any who want to use this budget solution: hurry, on the 6th of December KotFT cards are getting removed from Core.

1 Like

Glad you could figure it out mage really is good here it can gain armor it has lifesteal with jaina and can clear wideboards and if you have dawngrasp you upgrade your hero power.

1 Like

I don’t… And why would I want to replace the superior one, which can summon new elementals, with a bit of bang-bang? Frost Lich Jaina seems like the only reason to use this as a budget solution.

1 Like

Fair enough it is probably better for budget players :slight_smile:

Update: did Vashj with a version including Renathal and some more spells focused on control and removal (also had one Solid Alibi). Kael and Illidan left…

Do you think queen ashara could fit in the deck if you have it tons of versatility and great in alot of decks if you cast somespells.

What do you mean they left o…o

Any advice on how to play it? I haven’t played these challenges for ten months, and haven’t attempted these deckbuilding Felfire ones at all. I just tried something close to this deck (had to replace one Oasis Ally, both Cold Cases, and one of the 2-cost cards with other things), and the first Felfire challenge was not remotely close.

1 Like