Get ready for the spicy fun tomorrow

tons of new decks, its gonna be awesome!

5 Likes

Tons of new cards. Same old broken quests :wink:

12 Likes

Good thing about a new expansion , tons of new stuff to try out .

Bad thing about a new expansion , not everyone thinks like that so facing the same old same old! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

i cant wait to try out the new paladin cards

2 Likes

I wonder what the next year rotation is gonna be like when Barrens and sw and alterac are the only cards left. Without 4 months of nerfs, sounds crazy to compete with unless they get rotation decreeped without synergy cards to work lmao.

Starting with vandar druid.

Vandar on turn 4 consistently.
Gonna be Fun.

its those sets and the new core set, which can really mix things up, they could go crazy with the next core set

2 Likes

Only around 60 of the 230 cards in the Core Set are seeing active play right now and they’ll likely be used even less since we’re about to get new cards.

The Core Set was the biggest scam ever. They made it sound like everyone was getting a ton of great cards for free. But it’s like they gave everyone the Classic set for free, which is one of the weakest sets in the entire game now.

Maybe they’ll do better next rotation, but I doubt it.

1 Like

its free, its in no way a scam

also, the core set isnt only meant for long time players, its meant to be a set that free to play players and new players can use right out the gate

as far as 60 of the 230 being used, the fact that we get 60 free cards to use however we want is nice

as far as better? its already great

2 Likes

Since when does something being free mean it can’t be a scam?

A scam can be something marketed dishonestly. They talked about the Core Set like it’s a great thing for players.

Who cares if we get free cards if they’re trash?

You consider only 25% of the cards being useful great? There’s no room for improvement there, just because it’s free?

2 Likes

There were also a bunch of core set cards which saw play in previous metas and don’t anymore. Alex, for example, was the top end finisher for a lot of decks.

the core set isnt meant for you, its meant for free to play players and new players, the fact that any of the cards are good for you makes it 100% not a scam

4 Likes

So using the number of 230 Free Cards heavily in marketing during the last rotation despite a fraction of those cards being playable doesn’t seem dishonest to you?

Because it is to me, and that is by definition a scam.

1 Like

are you telling me that you cannot put any of those cards in a deck? oh you can? guess its not a scam

if you are able to use, all 230 cards, its not a scam

and you can use them

1 Like

I think he is saying something to the effect of: “Poo by any other name is still poo.”

1 Like

It just bothers me how willing gamers are to go to bat for billion dollar corporations if they put the label of free on something.

Nothing these companies make is truly free. They want to get you playing to get you into their shops and buy in-game items for ridiculous prices.

A kick in the balls is free. That doesn’t mean you should want or appreciate it if someone gives it to you.

1 Like

I mean when I started in gvg or naxx, I was playing 6 mana 6/7 ogres to 7 mana 9/9 + deal 2-8 random damage to a enemy doctor booms.

When we traded, my ogre died in one hit and their boombots hit everything else. I had no alextraza, I was collecting my first 40-60 gold a day and you started so from scratch and even I think hsreplay if it came around years to come was so obscure I remember having to explain what it was to these fourms for a year on 'no you can’t get legend on f2p by playing zoolock, midrange shaman/patron otk warrior is better ",.

I remember unironically being thrilled with my first f2p combo deck, worgen otk warrior was a budget option. I was literally in a month of getting basic cards and having to spend my gold on classic cards since if you didn’t spend, oger and yeti were your best cards past the 9/5s and 5/9s that just got big game huntered or died to ogres anyways.

My first deck might have unironically been a warrior or priest deck just using the free 5 mana 3/7 that got like +3 attack every time it took damage that first month. Card quality was extremely low in basic and I was playing ranks I shouldn’t have been in tbh with people that had cards with a flipping priest deck with a 3/7 just to get like the golds when it was silver gold diamond legend without matchmaking or plat inflation, just to get the old golden epics to dust for 400 dust before they swapped it to 4 packs.

Sure it’s power crept and the meta cards are probably a lot more nuts, but at least you can play al akir for free, alexstrazas new version for free, and all the dragons for free brawl or standard at least. Even if they aren’t meta, you used to basically have to open w legendary for a non vanilla card past 7 mana like boom, rag, tirion, jarraxus, or krush vs a vanilla 9/5 core hound or something that often just DIED to the 1/1 boombots making a
3-4 mana ping as well.

2 Likes
1 Like

Some folks just can’t be satisfied.

2 Likes

“giving people free cards to play with is a scam.”

your logic is bit flawed

2 Likes