Get Ready for Standard Tomorrow

It’s going to be the same old decks.

I just took a good look at the entire Alterac Valley set, and to me it just looks like thirds of unplayable garbage, cards that fit into the same decks we’ve seen for a while, and value cards.

Why would they print cards for Value decks when that archetype is unplayable in the current meta? Value has a hard time against Aggro, and is completely useless against Combo decks, and both of those archetypes comprise the entire meta.

There’s no nerfs coming in the patch, so everything that’s good today will be just as good if not better tomorrow.

Expansions are meant to bring new archetypes, not just enhance old ones. I can’t wait to try out something new like Freeze Shaman tomorrow, and just auto lose to same old Quest Warlock, but now with a busted hero card. What fun!

first few days will probably be a whole lot of experiments, then it´ll be back to fatigue lock till the nerfs.

apart from the tryhards that get a free legend from questwarrior/fatiguelock while people try to have fun and experiment.

1 Like

Never underestimate T5’s capability to manipulate this game into whatever they want to as has been demonstrated by this last expansion. If T5 needs games to be shorter and for Hearthstone to be faster, T5 will make that happen. If now the goal is to make matches an average of two minutes longer, T5 will aim for that to happen until it does.

1 Like

They could solve this easily by nerfing it ahead of time, but they’re choosing to wait when we know Questlock won’t go away.

Look at it this way. In general, most players will be playing janky decks while experimenting with new cards, aside from a few that want to climb (and let them). Have fun.

We have no idea, but seeing as this is the latest version of the product and Blizzard wants it to sell – it will sell. Whatever renders this new expansion incapable, will be nerfed.

Tomorrow first thing i will do, after new expac, is to craft questwarlock and show blizz how fun this deck is, i will put no new card in it.

Questline ruined Wild, FREAKING WILD!!! The entire collection of all expansions released for years can’t handle this BS OP cards and completely shutdown until the card was finally banned forever, what people can expect from a new set in Standard? Nothing at all, as long questlines exists nothing else have a chance.

Just stop with this nonsense please, ban all questlines at once and give us the old HearthStone back.

1 Like

To be fair, elemental freeze shaman with 2-4x one mana freezes that draw a card could be a major wildcard vs handlock,

1-2 turns of frozen giants that aren’t being raise deaded immediately could force warlock to either take 1-2 more turns of face hitting, or being reliant on the weaker 5/4 gnolls to get faster value as a extra turn of face smacking without online giants vs aggro With 2-4 more draw could be huge.

Dh maybe being possible to rush might be significant too, but I suppose fatigue lock should still rush too.

You can not play “fun” decks till legend

yes you can, if you think pirate warrior is fun, you can have fun tell legend

What would it take for you to be wrong?

Like what percentage of decks would have to be different? Is 20-25% enough?

We are talking about 1 expansion when 5 others are online, so we wouldn’t expect 50-100% shift.

1 Like

Just gonna questlock too Legend… again.

Its really hard work guys!

Wow Tr, I appreciate your taking over as the voice of doom for me, I was getting pretty fatigued lol.
I say: Let’s give the cards a chance, and if they blow chunks?
Then We let forums have it, lol.

1 Like

Warlock Questline and the Hero card have anti-synergy so you won’t actually see them together. At least in a deck trying to be competitive.

See, I have a problem with this line of thought. Because it’s exactly because of this type of thinking that we got Questlines. Expansions aren’t “supposed” to do anything except provide new cards following a certain theme. Pushing certain archetypes or meta is what breaks the game and kills deck-building.

1 Like

I don’t want to see the Quests anymore.

I hate the concept, they make every game feel the same, and they’re way too powerful. (Aggro Pirate Warrior shouldn’t be able to outvalue Control Warrior.)

I don’t want Questlock to warp the meta like it has almost the entirety of Stormwind. They are as bad as Baku and Genn were for the game.

I’m glad u can predict the future

Then why didn’t you just said so in the first place?

Because what you did post was something completely different.

they have to have an online or in game voting system that selects the cards people want to see in the core.

I’d rather have exotic and exciting cards then standard / safe cards. Core sould not be boring rather challenging to incorporate.

trust me.........

What decks did you think I was talking about? I explicitly mentioned Questlock in my OP.

All of them. From all classes. Well all but Mage and Priest who just lurk in casual.