Game is totally rigged

Random events in this game are slanted towards paying customers. It is so obvious. Today tavern brawl is the same utter ridiculous rigging as it always is. I’ve been blown out 2x today - I did not stand a chance. I get high casting cost cards on the draw - naturally since my quest is to play 25 cards that cost 3 or less. I did get a few critters less than 3 cost but guess what? Half of them had 0 attack!! The random deathrattles I’ve got so far include drawing murlocs and mechs from my deck that does not have any mechs or murlocs, summon a taunt critter for my opponent, and lose a mana crystal. Always cards I would never play or that totally help my opponent. Total rig job.

19 Likes

Ib4 pro forum defenders rush in with the usual copy - paste replies.

11 Likes

Nah, just delete you post and then put theirs in first. Screenshotting the forums posts btw.

I mean, the complaints are also pretty much copy/paste, so fair’s fair.

11 Likes

Haha I have spent a good chunk of change on this game as well as others I know and I can say with certainty that you are wrong. I’ve been boned by RnG more times than not.
So maybe you need a Snickers :wink:

4 Likes

Its clearly rigged to forcefully stop win streaks - unless you have that streamer RNG.

12 Likes

it might be rigged. But what you describe doesn’t seem like it to me. Also There is no reason to slant games towards paying customers. It would only make sense to favor new/beginner players. An old paying customer doesn’t stop paying just beacsue they lost some games. Activision probably sees paying customers as suckers to be abused just like any other player. For example in Heroes of the Storm it’s known that new players can get in the high ranks fast easy ruining the matches for the other players in these matches. If you look at forum post complaining about this, the defenders say “How else are the new players supposed to learn if not from better players”. Here you can see how Activision is abusing old players as a tutorial for the game and potentially also for showing off cosmetic items, having no regard for the match experience of old players. Actual tutorial for that game is notoriously bad and has been incorrect/outdated at times.
But enough of that example. I’m pretty sure in HS some things aren’t always random that players might assume should be. I suspect when they released the new BG heroes (Brann, sindragosa, elise) They actually tried to make it so all the players could try those heroes once (potentially sacrificing matchmaking integrity). For exsample I was a little late to playing BG after the update. But in the first queue failed, the second took unusually long and I got to pick Bran from my 2 options. Second match I played vs Bran for my first two combat stages and the guy seemed like a beginner and got 8th place. Then for the rest of the night I didn’t get to pick any new heroes.
Might be a coincidence but tempering with the matchmaker seems like a sure way to follow in the success of HotS though LOL.

2 Likes

I do agree with your assessment that the game is rigged to some extent. Lately whenever I ran my revive priest deck I seem to mulligen 2 of my 8 or 9 card almost every game even though there’s only like three 8+ minions in my deck, which makes me wonder if now that all the level headed developers have all left Blizzard, the current development team will place a much heavier emphasis on the present update and purposely nerf older deck to incentivize player to buy new cards and update their deck. At least, that’s what it looks like to me. Don’t bother telling my that I just suck or whatever, I’m not upset that I lose or I’m bad, I’m upset because I feel like I’m being played, tricked into a game claims to be fair when it isn’t; wasting my time chasing wins when in fact what I lack is a deeper pocket.

3 Likes

Games may well be rigged toward whales - but its certainly rigged for streamers.

8 Likes

Well I would also say Standard is pretty telltale sign something is fishy.

I was doing the daily and had to play vs Paladin.

I do a brilliant move on turn 6 and turn all minions mine and his into Murlocs. As he had the usual turn 6 minion Taunt Reborn Gain Life minion out. And I have 3 mana so I build an nice full board of Murlocs with extra in hand.

Paladins turn 7.

Zephyrs. :frowning: yep. He is just there isn’t he. Paladin gets Brawl off of Zephyrs. sigh

2 turns later I have a good board brewing with DR turn into muriocs in which all the minions on the board were some kind of evolve. Paladin plays, change all health to 1 and deal 2 damage to all. Yep, that old trick is always there too isnt it?

The cards are just there. Always. Never any different.

2 Likes

More proof: Game 2 of Daliys.

Shaman on Shaman.

He plays Summon the Hares, drops FFleshshaper, coins and evolves.

I turn us all into Murlocs, give a new charging minion of mine poison and make a 3 vs 3 board if roughly equal power.

The Shaman plays Hench Clan Hag and another Evolve.

Well, there ya have it. Same cards always loaded up in the top ten off the deck. Hard to lose when it’s loaded.

1 Like

Just do what I do. Every time I meet someone telling me it is just random, I challenge them to put their money where their mouth is. Let’s bet on “random” outcome in HS games. If I choose “random” outcome correctly, you give me $5. If I don’t, I give you $10. Looks really bad deal for me, right? Well, it would be, if the game “random effects” would be truly random, hehe.
So far, I won more than $1000 in total. And noone ever agreed to play with me for the 2nd time.

5 Likes

HS is so random that I can correctly guess what card will be played by my opponent every turn.

6 Likes

No, this doesn’t mean there’s some nefarious conspiracy against you for being an irresponsible child who doesn’t earn enough money to buy cards. It just means that your socialized education system left you incompetent at the kind of basic statistics you need to get by in life.

What you are suffering from is what non-idiots call “apophenia”, the tendency to encounter purely random, natural phenomena and imagine some non-accidental significance to it.

You are having what they call “bad luck”. It happens accidentally. There are maybe a million people playing this game each day, so bad luck like you describe, which are probably in the bottom ten percent, happen one hundred thousand times per day.

And even if there are only a hundred thousand matches a day, and you’re experiencing something that only happens to one percent, that would be a thousand times a day.

It is just coincidence. Also, the earth is probably round, and we probably landed on the moon, and while forced vaccinations are unconstitutional and wrong, it’s still probably true that vaccinations don’t cause autism.

1 Like

I think there needs to be a rule book for e-sports titles the thoroughly explains game mechanics. Because YEAH, the people are right the game is starting to feel very fishy! I’d rather see 2 expansions per year and have them take the time to fix this shxt.

1 Like

The existence of KT in BGs makes me even wonder if half the players in BGs are even real and not bots.

2 Likes

What is the probability of losing four games in a row when the probability of an individual loss is 50%?

Today, I won another $100 during my battlegrounds run. All it took was few bets on minions (not) offered in my tavern, and 2 “random” attack orders. I do love how predictable HS is. Take my advice, do not complain about how rigged it is, profit from it while there are still people believing otherwise!

1 Like

If it’s totally random, shouldn’t it be 1/(2^2) or 6%.