Game ended with two players still alive

This happened to me about an hour ago, unfortunately my Nvidia Share hasn’t been recording the correct screen lately, so I do not have a recording.

I was in a game and there were three players remaining. Sir Finley Mrrgglton was in first place with 40 health, I was in second place as Infinite Loki, and Arthas was in third place.

I was up against Arthas, and Sir Finley Mrrgglton was up against Kel’Thuzad. I beat Arthas in our combat and knocked him out of the game, so I decided to look at the combat log and saw that he had beaten Sir FInley Mrrgglton so I had good hopes about our combat. As soon as we returned to the tavern after combat I was rewarded with second place.

The issue, if it’s not obvious, is that if Sir Finley Mrrgglton had fully died to Kel’Thuzad, I should have gotten first place, if he won, then we should have gone on to our next match.

i just had the same thing happen but i was playing capt. eudora. 3 players left, i won my game and then game ended with me in 2nd.

I’ve experienced this as well where the first place went to a character who never entered combat with anyone but Kel’Thuzad. It therefore remained at full health until the last round of combat, and when second and third place finished their match, the non-combatant received credit for first and the person who actually played the match received second automatically. I suspect your experience was the same bug as what I encountered. There have been a few posts about this on the regular Hearthstone forums as well, going back across a few months.