Game crashes with Rogue (ETC or Shadow of Demise related)

I am not sure if this issue is only happening to me, but since it has happened twice in exactly the same way, I am assuming it is some kind of bug. I have been playing with a miracle rogue list that runs the new ETC legendary (the one with the rock duel). After I play it with Finale, if I try to keep playing cards with 0 mana (miracle rogue stuff), the game starts to freeze until it ultimately shuts down and disconnects me. Then a message comes up that says something like “Your game has been disconnected from the servers, try initiating another game” and then the game closes entirely. It has happened twice to me in exactly the same way. After I log in again, the game is over and no stars seem to have been removed (as if the game crashed for both players? Idk).

My computer has been doing some weird stuff lately, so I am not entirely sure this is a bug on the game or a memory crash from my pc. But since it’s happened twice I thought it was worth reporting.

2 Likes

I am running a rogue deck as well and had the same issue several times today. I am also running a rogue deck, but without ETC. Shadow of Demise is almost always in my hand when the game disconnects, so I am wondering if there is an issue with it - possibly with too many transformations. Breakdance seems too make it even worse. I have to play VERY quickly or risk not being able to finish my turn.

2 Likes

This is definitely a thing, i have crashed like 3 or 4 games already. It happend to me also when facing ETC, but i think the culprit has to be shadow of demise, since every crash has involved it. I also have the passive that makes spells cost one less, so im not sure if that has something to do with it, but what i can tell is that the copied spell from shadow of demise keeps getting its mana updated to the same value, then i lose connection and the game doesnt count as a loss

2 Likes

It still happens. Even in single player mode. And it also happens while having Valeera the Hollow’s Hero Power Shadow spell in hand.
As said above, the game simulates a disconnection, it leaves you no option than to restart, assuring you that the game is saved and you can reconnect, but after restarting, the game is simply not accessible anymore, you’re just taken back to the main menu (occasionally getting the “Unable to reconnect to your game” screen).

1 Like

Yes!!! So glad I found this because this is happening to me like 5 times a day now! It’s definitely shadow of demise, not ETC. Something about the card updating is causing a game crash. It’s so rough cause it always seems to happen when I’m about to go off on someone :frowning: please fix this!!

1 Like

It happens with Corrupt cards in hand as well. Game restarts at the moment the card is getting Corrupted, and after you enter and attempt to play some other cards in the same turn, it restarts again. Losing because of this has already become regular for me.